Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I say imm-uh-jen
    -Favorites-
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Forever Missed -
    June 6, 2014
    Lily PrimroseIris Rhoswen

Imogene and Imogen are two different names.

Imogen is said like IHM-ah-jun (or IHM-ah-jin or IHM-uh-jen etc, the last two vowel sounds are really small anyway so it doesn't matter much, I guess lots of it is in the accent too)
    Sort of like the word imagine, with the stress only on the first syllable.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I like both names, but yeah, Imogene and Imogen are different from each other.

I say Imogen with a sort of short jen/jun/jin sound - slightly more to "jen" but very little - and Imogene with a definitely "jean" sound, like Genie.

I find both names adorable but different flavours to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by faithnamer View Post
    I say Imm (as in Emma with an I) - uh - gin. I've also heard it pronounced like Imm-o-jean, but I'm pretty sure that would be spelled like Imogene.

Imogen is not said as imma jean it's ONLY pronunciation is imm ah jen.

rollo
    Psalm 23

I pronounce it IMM-ah-jen. I know at least four and that's how they all pronounce it. I'm from Australia, if that helps.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *