Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Actually, I know a lot of Bella on its own. Even more than Isabella, Annabella, etc. It's simply more popular where I live. The Twilight association won't bother me, but the popularity will.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I think Bella is lovely! I am assuming from what you said about popularity, that you live in Scotland. I also live in Scotland and I have never met a Bella under the age of about 70. It still feels old fashioned and unexpected to me. I do no and Isabella and an Arabella who are children but I don't think either of them go by Bella. I think Bella definitely stand perfectly well on it's own and I wouldn't automatically assume it was short for something else.
    It is a lot shorter and simpler than Cressida which may seem unbalanced or mismatched but since they are both very sweet feminine names I still think they could work together.
    Basically - I really like Bella and I think it would be a great name for your daughter. By the time she's old enough to care no one will even know about Twilight anymore!

I think it's trim and lovely. Just because Twilight picked it up and ran with it way, way out of the park doesn't diminish the fact that it's a fine name.

As others said, though, given the very rarefied and literary vibe of Cressida, it does feel a bit plain. I would expect something like Nerissa or Portia next to Cressida.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

It's alright, but I don't like it with Cressida much.

I've said it before, but you seem to have ideas all over the place - I really liked Ramona and Petra with Cressida, what happened to those?
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Don't even worry about Twilight! That shouldn't play a role in choosing your daughter's name now that the series has been done and everyone isn't crazy for it now. I LOVE Bella and I think it's beautiful! If that's the name you love, use it. I don't think it has to be short for anything. It's gorgeous on it's own.
    Isaac | Aaron | Malachi | Rowan | Jonah | Zachary

Hallie | Isabelle | Phoebe | Rylee | Alexandra | Chloe | Liberty