Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Less than 10 weeks to go and no sign of a name... HELP!

With our first, my husband and I had the name conversation buttoned up by mid pregnancy. Our son is Nicolas Leon (Nico). We are expecting a baby girl in 2 months and are spinning our wheels, coming up with NOTHING! Have decided we need help. We are fortunately/unfortunately surrounded by little girls with great names so a lot of the ones we would potentially consider are off the table (Lila, Maya, Sonia, Charlotte, Georgia).

1. My husband is from German-speaking Switzerland so anything that is pronounced differently in German is out (that means most J names and many I names, also some A/E names) ie Ivy = Evie in Switzerland. The name must also be recognizable in Europe (no Savannahs, etc)
    2. I would GREATLY prefer a name that is not in the top 50, preferably top 100. My husband prefers more classic names like Anna (out b/c of family usage)
    3. Our last name begins with a hard K sound so C names like Colette (which we love but can't use bc of son's name) or Claire probably aren't the best choice
    3. Names we have given serious consideration to but ultimately vetoed: Vivienne (too old-fashioned sounding in hubs mind), Scarlett (too trendy), Fiona (means fair and this baby will likely have dark hair/skin), Elena (concerns about pronunciation, also too similar to Elaine which I have bad connection to)

So... can you help? Please?! Any and all suggestions welcomed!

So, are traditional German/Swiss names out? Maybe...
    Bianca
    Beatrice
    Gianna
    Olivia
    Natalie
    Victoria
    Francesca
    Esther
    Lucy
    Athena
    Madeline/Madeleine

I'm not sure how any of these will sound in a German accent.

I fancy these: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Indie Nell

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas  

Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy

I think by limiting yourself to names that sound the same in German and English the list is very short...especially considering your other conditions. Would something that is pronounced differently but you like both be acceptable? I also think you might be unnecessarily limiting yourself by staying out of the top 100.

Suggestions:
    Marie
    Laura
    Mia
    Emilia
    Amelie
    Nina
    Helena
    Annika
    Nora