Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation What would you name my child? Criteria

I LOVED the idea that Oliviasarah's post where she gave criteria and had help from the beautiful Berries to find the "Perfect name" (Link to post below). I am TTC so have been thinking of name quite alot recently and I am stuck on girls names so thought this would be a great idea to get some possible names and have decided to make a boys one aswell.

The name criteria...
    - No "E" first initial as my sons name is Emmett. No twilight names.
    - As someone pointed out to me once I seem to like "Less popular but established names eg Pierre instead of Peter, Malachi instead of Michael or Malcolm"
    - Also starting to like edgy / "rocker names" like Jagger, Cobain, Ace and Rocco...
    - Strong names like Conrad, Alexander, Alaric, Dominic, Leopold....
    - Mythological names like Jove
    - Must be intriguing on a person of any age.
    - Names that are not to be within the top 100 stats (Australian stats {I have posted a link to a 2013 top names pdf} if it doesn't work just use Nameberry's England one) and not too "trendy". For boys I am not too picky about this.
    - Name meanings aren't a deal-breaker but names that sound good and have a good meaning, most of the time, go straight to my faourites list.
    - I don't mind alliteration. Dislike initials spelling words or abbreviations. Last name is G0rd0n
    - The child will be raised on the eastern coast of Australia and will have heritage from German and Irish/French (Me) & Aboriginal and English/Welsh (My partner).

Disclaimer: I'm not pregnant (Yet...). The idea of the post came from Oliviasarah (http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...-name-my-child)

Thanks in advance!
    I'm excited to see what you come up with...

Link to a top 50 Aus names http://mccrindle.com.au/ResearchSumm...e-Research.pdf (page 10)

Matthias and Callister (short form of McCallister) are the first that came to mind when I read your list. Also Alaric, which I see is already on your list. Some other ideas I had are
    Calidore
    Wulfric
    Caedmon
    Simeon
    Henric
    Casper
    Felix
    Are any of these sort of what you're looking for?

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"

With those guidelines and the names I'm crushing on right now, I think I would go with... Moses!
    Lilibeth Pearl - Odette Lysandra - Allegra Snow - Zinnia Ophélie - Hera Magdalen
    Emery Lawrence - Viggo Augusten - Johan Irving - Anders Maël - Jules Quincy - Magnus Luther

Hopefully these sound like good options:

Falko
    Rafe
    Thaddeus
    Piers
    Kit
    Valens
    Tavish
    Cadel
    Hector
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair