Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Perfect Name for this criteria? - What would you name my child?

Thought this would be interesting - with this criteria, what would you name my child?

-Ancient, beautiful names with origins/heavy history in the British Isles: Gaelic/Welsh/Manx etc. are welcomed.
    -Feels earthy yet delicate, although clunky is also very much my style.
    -Must be intriguing on a person of any age, and not be within the top 100 UK stats (but I'm fairly loose here, I don't care too much as long as it's not popular + trendy together eg: Jessica is #3 but preferable to ultra-trendy Ivy at #88).
    -I like names that feel magical, fairy-like. Meaning aren't a deal-breaker but I like pretty/poetic ones.
    -Preferably not biblical and not too hippy.
    -I like alliteration.
    -Names that are important to me and I'd use to honor, but are not a necessity: Briar, Rosemary, Beatrix, Margaret, Amelia.

...so I tried to keep it quite open ended. A few names I just can't like even though they fit the criteria: Annabel, Eleanor, Isla, Victoria, Alexandra, Elsa, Violet. My children will likely be raised on the English Coast.

Disclaimer: I'm not pregnant (feels necessary for this thread!) Thanks all! I'm excited to see what you come up with...

My first thought was Odelia. I don't know much about the name, but it sounds ancient and beautiful and earthy, delicate but a bit clunky as well, Magical and fairy-like. Not popular or trendy. Odelia Olive if you like Aliteration?
    Beatrix Briar? Briar Beatrix?
    Isla, Sadie, Neva, Thalia, Leora, Sylvia, Maeve, Flora, Aria & Tessa
    Noah, Henry, Ronan, Wyatt, August, Caleb, Grant, Charlie, Flynn & Alfie

Isolde would be my first thought.

Ariadne is my choice

hmmm I dont know why, but this seems tough to me! Heres what I came up with...

Arwen Maria
    Merida Briar
    Ameliana Lorraine
    Margot Therese
    Brighton Illyria
    Briar Eve
    Lilia Tailee
    Ida Cosette
    Arietty Clarice
    Hunter Rose
    Lyra Vivienne
    Oakley Belle