Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I really need some baby name help!!!

My husband and I cannot agree on any names for our sweet baby girl. She isn't arriving until August but being the name nerd and planner that I am I would love to have at least a few options on the table.

The only names he has even mentioned kind of liking are Claire and Felicity. My main problem with these is that there are no obvious nickname options. I would really like something with at least one other choice. I have a non-nickname name myself and growing up it kind of drove me crazy because then people tend to make up things that are less than desirable.

My favorite name is Vivienne but he thinks it sounds too old lady

Some other names I like are Linnea, Ravenna, Eliza, Gwyneth, Scarlett, Cecelia, Finola, Colette, Eliza, Blythe. He isn't really fond of any of these names either. I just want to find something we both love and are crazy about!

We do not want a name that begins with "E" because both of ours do...and nothing that begins with "B" or "D" because of big brother and our last name.

Thank you so much!!!

I like Colette, Scarlett and Ravenna off your list. Honestly, Felicity and Claire seem just as dated as Vivienne to me. None of them are bad choices, though I don't like Felicity one little bit.

Ramona
    Morgana
    Rosabelle
    Lydia
    Penelope
    Anastasia
    Magnolia
    Veronica
    Primrose
    Ophelia
    Lenore
    Gweneviere (Winnie)

Quote Originally Posted by linzybindi View Post
    My husband and I cannot agree on any names for our sweet baby girl. She isn't arriving until August but being the name nerd and planner that I am I would love to have at least a few options on the table.

The only names he has even mentioned kind of liking are Claire and Felicity. My main problem with these is that there are no obvious nickname options. I would really like something with at least one other choice. I have a non-nickname name myself and growing up it kind of drove me crazy because then people tend to make up things that are less than desirable.

My favorite name is Vivienne but he thinks it sounds too old lady

Some other names I like are Linnea, Ravenna, Eliza, Gwyneth, Scarlett, Cecelia, Finola, Colette, Eliza, Blythe. He isn't really fond of any of these names either. I just want to find something we both love and are crazy about!

We do not want a name that begins with "E" because both of ours do...and nothing that begins with "B" or "D" because of big brother and our last name.

Thank you so much!!!
    Felicity Claire nn Flick would be a lovely combo

You have some lovely names on your list. I especially like Linnea, Blythe, Cecelia and lovely to see Finola on your list.

Maybe if you give him a name with a middle included your DH will love the names more?

Cecelia Willow
    Linnea Marguerite
    Annabel Blythe
    Blythe Marion
    Finola Margaret

Jeanette Hazel
    Georgiana Elise
    Caroline Margot
    Amelia Carys
    Lucinda Meredith
    Miranda Olivia
    Juliet Melisande
    Daisy Jane
    Penelope Ruth
    Cosima Aurora
    Harriet Constance
    Araminta Soleil

rollo
    Psalm 23

Claire and Felicity are lovely. I agree that Claire is pretty nickname-proof, but Felicity has plenty of nicknames IMO! I know 3 Felicitys, and they go by Flick x 2 and Fliss. I also like Flossie and Lissie.
    Some suggestions...
    Fiona (Fi)
    Charlotte (Charlie, Lottie)
    Violet (Vie, Lettie)
    Matilda (Millie, Tillie)
    Eleanor (Ellie, Nell, Nora)
    Annabel (Annie, Bella)
    Helena (Nellie)
    Genevieve (Evie, Ginny)

Good luck!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *