Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Songs That Provoke Tears?

For some unknown reason, I have a weird love for songs that are tear inducing and emotional, or full of meaning.

A few of the ones I have:

How to Love - Lil Wayne
    Forever and Always - Parachute
    Briane - Boyce Avenue
    Angel - Sarah McLaughlin
    I'll Be Your Strength - The Wanted*
    Moments - One Direction
    Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
    I'm Already There - Westlife
    F*ckin Perfect - P!nk*
    When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne*
    Someday - Nickelback
    Never Gonna Be Alone - Nickelback
    Lullaby - Nickelback
    A Little Bit Longer - Jonas Brothers*

Some of these are quite personal to me (everything starred), some are not. What are some that make you emotional?

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Oh my gosh, I totally get this. Music has affected me like this all my life - my parents have videos of me aged 5 singing and crying to Life on Mars by David Bowie... I'm just like sobbing ''Mummy I just love it so much'' haha.

Songs that remind me of people/places do this to me a lot... traditional Ugandan songs and drums absolutely kills me. And loads of folk music that reminds me of childhood summers - just hearing tiny parts of the melodies makes my heart ache.

And I have a lot of albums that are so tied to times in my life that I just can't listen to them without mental preparation - Lorde's album got me through so much at the end of last year, and I have to turn off the radio if I hear one of her songs now because I don't want to ruin how sacred they are too me.

I also really appreciate crappy pop songs - I was at this Robyn concert last year and everyone was like, going mental, but I just wanted to cry because her songs are all so emotionally intelligent and she finds a way to make dance music really deep and sad.

Oh and the really sleezy songs like Cocorosie's stuff, Leonard Cohen, old-Lana Del Rey that remind me of my boyfriend. They have the power to physically hurt me.

Pahaha, sorry for the life story. Here's my list of really emotional songs...

Lana Del Rey - Pawn Shop Blues
    Ben Howard - Black Flies
    The Smiths - Asleep
    Chance The Rapper - Lost
    Amy Winehouse - Some Unholy War
    The Vaccines - I Always Knew
    Lucy Wainright-Roche - Wild Mountain Thyme
    The Civil Wars - Poison and Wine
    Leonard Cohen - Chelsea Hotel NO.2
    Cocorosie - Raphael
    Daughter - Medicine and Youth
    Angel Haze - Black Dahlia
    Hudson Taylor - Butterflies
    Nirvana - Heartshaped Box
    Marina and The Diamonds - Obsessions
    Last edited by oliviasarah; March 23rd, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus - Emmett - Amadeus - Wilfrid - Eoghan - Huw
    Estella - Oona - Jemima - Eilidh - Effy- Billie

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I am a big alternative music lover (not all of the songs on here are altenative) and listen to a lot of both popular and lesser-known alternative. I especially connect with Lana Del Rey's and Of Monsters and Men's music. Songs will drive me to tears not because of anything in the lyrics, it's mostly just the instrumental/non-vocals because I'm kind of weird like that.

Starred ones have personal significance.

The Walker - Fitz & The Tantrums
    Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay vs. Swedish House Mafia*
    All of Me - John Legend*
    Sailing to Philadelphia - Mark Knopfler* (amazing song)
    Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men
    This Is What Makes Us Girls - Lana Del Rey*
    Harlem - New Politics
    What Would You Do - Bastille
    Only You - Ellie Goulding
    Clarity - Zedd*
    This Is What It Feels Like - Armin Van Buuren*
    If I Lose Myself - Alesso & OneRepublic
    Cardiac Arrest - Bad Suns
    Find You - Zedd*
    Burn It Down - Linkin Park
    Who Needs You - The Orwells
    Mountain Sound - Of Monsters and Men
    Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey*

Every one of these songs has made me cry. Some of them could be considered the happiest songs in the world to some people, but music I like a lot makes me really emotional for some reason.
    Last edited by oboeplayer1; March 24th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

The only song I've ever been close to crying in is Say something by A great big world the film clip made me cry.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Oh gosh. Well I distinctly remember sitting in a barbecue restaurant watching CMT when I saw the music video for "Concrete Angel." I was little, maybe six or seven, and that song upset me then and still upsets me now. "Whiskey Lullaby" is really sad. Most of Sarah McLachlan's songs are either coma-inducing or clinically depressing. Also, "Can't Help Falling in Love" is supposed to be a love song, but it's extremely sad to me. Ingrid Michaelson's cover makes me feel like I've lost the love of my life.

"The Rains of Castamere" is another. But I prefer not to talk about that.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine