Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    I love oldies! I grew up listen to a lot of oldies radio while riding in my dad's car. I'm also a big fan of old swing music and French chanson style.
    Have you heard of The Seekers? (Some of their hits: Georgy Girl, The Carnival is Over, A World of Our Own...) They're my favourite band, but I don't think they were ever as big here as in the UK or their native Australia so hardly anyone I know has heard of them. They're about to go on the UK leg of their 50th anniversary tour next month; wish they were coming here!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Have you heard of The Seekers? (Some of their hits: Georgy Girl, The Carnival is Over, A World of Our Own...) They're my favourite band, but I don't think they were ever as big here as in the UK or their native Australia so hardly anyone I know has heard of them. They're about to go on the UK leg of their 50th anniversary tour next month; wish they were coming here!
    I love "Georgy Girl"! I didn't know the name of the band, but I do know the song. I'll have to check out more of their songs.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Most songs don't make me cry, but I remember bawling like a baby every time I heard the song Butterfly Kisses when I was little. Same with Christmas Shoes, I think it's called? I can't think of any others that have truly made me cry.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

I'm a pretty emotional person in general, so it's surprising that more songs don't make me more... well, emotional! Here are a few that emotional (but not necessarily cry):

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (This song played when I had my dance after I found out I won Homecoming Queen. I think it makes me happy more than anything else because I was never super popular in high school... just well-liked, maybe? Anyways, I never expected Homecoming Queen in a million years so this song just makes me all sorts of emotional. hah)

Imagine - John Lennon (I went on this exchange trip to Israel in high school and after a long trip full of learning about Middle Eastern politics, we all got together before we left for the states, and the whole room - Israelis, Palestinians, and Americans - started singing this song and ahh it always gives me chills because of that.)

Small Bump - Ed Sheeran (This one just hits close to home and it makes me really sad every time I hear it.)

I'll add more if I can think of any... But these were just a few from the top of my head.

There are very few songs that will move me to tears. Here are the few that have done the most:

Fade Together by Franz Ferdinand: This song reminds me of a dear friend who passed away last year and my Grandpop who died in January. The lyrics and emotive vocals just kill me!

Let It Be by The Beatles: This song was something I listened to a lot during my parents separation. It gives me peace but also causes me pain.

Baby Mine by Bette Midler: OH and I watched Dumbo about a month after first coming to university. We had to turn it off when we got to this song as we were both sobbing wrecks.

Ho Hey by The Lumineers: I delivered a baby to this song and whilst it didn't make me cry at the time, the father had tears streaming down his face. He sang this to his newborn little girl later when I was cleaning up. Had to spend several minutes in the storage cupboard gathering my composure after that!

Mama by the Spice Girls: The lyrics ring very true.
    Last edited by sweekune; March 26th, 2014 at 08:00 AM.
    Name lover & Engaged to a wonderful man

Lilith - Vesper - Francesca - Tiffany - Lark - Viola - Naomi - Eloise - Layla - Amy - Phoebe - Freya
    Zachary - Alexander - Tristan - George - Axel - Dominic - Loki - Malachi- Rowan - Harvey - Griffin - Briar

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/