Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The only song that makes me cry pretty much every time is Elton John's 'Candle in the Wind'- the version he wrote for Diana, Princess of Wales after she died. The meaning behind every word, and given the situation, her tragic death and short, troubled life that should have gone on so much longer full of the happiness she deserved...

There are soundtracks and songs from movies that make me cry because of what happened in the movie- Liesl and Maria's reprise of 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' in The Sound of Music (and a lot of songs from that movie actually), the Gone With the Wind soundtrack, Moon River at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's...

@Maggie- I love Andy Williams' version of Unchained Melody, my favourite version probably because it's the one I've heard the most. I listen to a lot of older music; my mum and I actually like a lot of the same stuff, haha.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I cried at Taylor Swift's 'Never Grow Up' and 'Brought Up That Way', although, I probably shouldn't have listened to them one after another. And believe it or not I don't actually like Taylor Swift (music wise). Silhouette by Owl City (LOVE Owl City) is very emotional as well, but it's a beautiful song. But I don't cry much at songs, unless I'm feeling particularly rubbish.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (17)😏
    Want to be a mummy in the future. Dreaming of...
    Caspian Sherlock Walter, Phoenix Arthur Blaise, Ptolemy Alexander Hamish, Horatio Albert Louis ✦
    Mister Men

Pandora, Demelza, Evanthe, & I'm still stuck... Beatrix? Adelise? Margaux? ✦
    Little Misses

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    @Maggie- I love Andy Williams' version of Unchained Melody, my favourite version probably because it's the one I've heard the most. I listen to a lot of older music; my mum and I actually like a lot of the same stuff, haha.
    I love oldies! I grew up listen to a lot of oldies radio while riding in my dad's car. I'm also a big fan of old swing music and French chanson style.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    I love oldies! I grew up listen to a lot of oldies radio while riding in my dad's car. I'm also a big fan of old swing music and French chanson style.
    Have you heard of The Seekers? (Some of their hits: Georgy Girl, The Carnival is Over, A World of Our Own...) They're my favourite band, but I don't think they were ever as big here as in the UK or their native Australia so hardly anyone I know has heard of them. They're about to go on the UK leg of their 50th anniversary tour next month; wish they were coming here!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Have you heard of The Seekers? (Some of their hits: Georgy Girl, The Carnival is Over, A World of Our Own...) They're my favourite band, but I don't think they were ever as big here as in the UK or their native Australia so hardly anyone I know has heard of them. They're about to go on the UK leg of their 50th anniversary tour next month; wish they were coming here!
    I love "Georgy Girl"! I didn't know the name of the band, but I do know the song. I'll have to check out more of their songs.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova