Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinions on Peregrine

I'm starting to like the name Peregrine. Do you like the name Peregrine? Why or why not? Any opinions welcome. What are your favorite nn for it and do you prefer the pronunciation Per-uh-grin or Per-uh-green? Do you know anyone named Peregrine? Do you think it compliments/goes well with the other names on my list?
    Thanks!
    HTB
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; March 23rd, 2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Natalia | Jane | Nina |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Tobias | Basil | Nico | Samuel | James | Abram |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Eleanora | Helena | Sylvia | Malachi | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Lachlan | Emerson |

Have a fabulous day!

Nothing? Bump!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Natalia | Jane | Nina |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Tobias | Basil | Nico | Samuel | James | Abram |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Eleanora | Helena | Sylvia | Malachi | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Lachlan | Emerson |

Have a fabulous day!

I love it.

But I don't have a nickname I like for it, and I'm aware some people find it pretentious, so I tend to put it in the middle in combos. I really am not fond of Perry.

I'd only use the -grin pronunciation.

It's got a nice history of use, is also a saint's name, and while not literally for the bird I like the image of the swift, graceful, powerful falcon. I like the meaning of wanderer/pilgrim too.

I’m a Tolkien fan so I love this name and I like the traditional (to me at least) nn of Pippin. I don’t know anyone with this name so my association is pure Tolkien and Pippin Took who is brave, loyal, funny, mischievous. If this name were more acceptable in the Netherlands I would chose it in a heartbeat.

I really like Peregrine and I know no Peregrines. I have as a middle name for James on my list and if I was using it as a first, I would shorten it to Perry.
    I think it sounds a tad more sophisticated than the other names on your list but not too much. I really like Magdalena from your list with Peregine.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona Twila Phoebe
    Atlas Rupert Otis Grover Casimir Nathaniel Ignatius Robin