• Harriet June

31 40.79%
  • Harriet Grey

14 18.42%
  • Harriet Rosie/Rosalie

15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Narrowed down our middle name list, thoughts?

We finally narrowed down our middle name list! We're undecided on a first name still, but leaning towards Ottaline because dh doesn't quite love Harriet, I'm still working on him though. :wink:

Ottaline June (my grandmas name)
    Ottaline Grey (other grandmas maiden name)
    Ottaline Rosie/Rosalie (our daughter is insistent upon Rosie and we think it's cute)

Harriet June
    Harriet Grey
    Harriet Rosie/Rosalie (not sure this fits as well with Harriet)

I will also add that our last name is 2 syllables and begins with R, ends with O, so not sure how I feel about the R middles. Siblings are Eloise Julian, Beatrix London, and Foster Kingsley.

Thoughts, opinions? Thanks Berries!
    Cate

Sahm to: Eloise (06/2008) Beatrix (10/2010) Foster (07/2012) Harriet (edd: 09/2014)

OK, I voted for Harriet June before I knew the backstory. I want to change my vote to Ottaline Grey! I'm assuming that's the way your grandma spelled it vs. Ottoline? What a wonderful name with real family history! I don't know how you could resist....
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

To clarify, my grandmas name was June. My other grandmas maiden name was Grey. Ottaline is just a name we adore. And we went with the -a spelling because it looks more feminine imo and less like Otto+line smushed together.

Sorry for any confusion!
    Cate

Sahm to: Eloise (06/2008) Beatrix (10/2010) Foster (07/2012) Harriet (edd: 09/2014)

I like Ottaline June, Ottaline Grey and Ottaline Rosalie. I prefer Ottoline, but Ottaline is just as good.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names

I think Harriet works best with her siblings! Harriet June is my favorite, followed closely by Harriet Grey. Ottaline just isn't really my style. As wonderful as it is, it still feels a little out there.