Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Amelia-Jane as a sister for Cressida?

I love the name Amelia-Jane and it's the only hypenated name that my husband also likes. I'm fine with the connection to Amelia-Jane books (which even at my age I still love!).

If we did go with it she wouldn't be only Amelia or only Jane it would always be Amelia-Jane -- my husband jokes and says he will call her AJ which I can assure you he won't.

The only real issue I have with it is that there is no flow with her older sister's name Cressida.

I'm not overly concerned about names sounding perfect together however they are two totally different styles.

Agreed, they are far and away two completely different styles. They actually have nothing in common and the fact that one is a double fn makes it contrast even further. That said, I personally think that naming a child something you love should take precidence over everything else (except maybe if that name will obviously be detrimental to the child).

I'm trying to think if I met a Cressida and then was introduced to her little sister Amelia-Jane. I think I'd be surprised by the abrupt turn but it also might be nice than meeting siblings with such perfectly in-tune names.

I think I would keep an open mind and see what other names you love as much as Amelia-Jane. Would you consider a variation of Amelia that has a bit more flourish? Might be difficult to keep the -Jane though.

Quote Originally Posted by aym View Post
    Agreed, they are far and away two completely different styles. They actually have nothing in common and the fact that one is a double fn makes it contrast even further. That said, I personally think that naming a child something you love should take precidence over everything else (except maybe if that name will obviously be detrimental to the child).

I'm trying to think if I met a Cressida and then was introduced to her little sister Amelia-Jane. I think I'd be surprised by the abrupt turn but it also might be nice than meeting siblings with such perfectly in-tune names.

I think I would keep an open mind and see what other names you love as much as Amelia-Jane. Would you consider a variation of Amelia that has a bit more flourish? Might be difficult to keep the -Jane though.
    Amelia-Jane is a very different name from our other favourites.

Our top 5 are (no real order) : Sybil, Ramona, Ingrid, Aoife (EE-fa) and Bryony.

This name is a complete opposite to our usual style but we weirdly like, but I don't think we have a real style. We just like whatever name we like...

I really love Amelia-Jane and Cressida. However, I do have a slight hesitation about the Enid Blyton book connotations (although I loved them too!). The problem is that the books are all about how 'naughty' Amelia-Jane is, and she isn't the nicest character unfortunately.
    However, it seems that you've thought it through already! Go with what you love
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

With so many syllables I strongly suspect that her name will end up shortened at some point.
    Teens will most likely use the AJ option for her.
    I think the style is so very different to Cressida, but I am not one to feel children have to match each other. They are individuals not part of a crockery set.
    I adore your option of Bryony personally.
    Phoebe Eliza Grace arrived after 2 Years of IVF