Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Austynn

I prefer Austen as well.

Please don't subject your child to a deliberately misspelled name for her entire life. Austen is adequate.

Though I agree that the 'y' spelling might up your chances of people reading the name and thinking "girl", I would actually still go with a traditional spelling. You just wind up creating another problem by trying to avoid one.

No matter how you spell it, it's traditionally seen as a boy's name and aside from maybe making it slightly more feminine, Austynn doesn't look very nice IMO. Either way they're going to find out that Austen/Austin/Austynn is a girl.

Austen, as others pointed out, is a better option. It has a strong, female literary reference attached to it.

I don't think there are any boy names I really like on girls. Most are unisex, and even those are very few. One that has been used on boys more often than girls that I adore is Bodhi.

Please don't put a 'y' in a boy's name to make it appear more feminine it just makes it look tryndy and that is not the best way to go.

I think Blake is a good name that works well with girls as are;

Darcy
    Alexis
    Finley
    Brooke (Brooks for a boy)
    Teal
    Payton
    Bellamy
    Charlie
    Jasper

Austen this spelling is fine
    Psalm 23

I love Austen or Austin on a girl, but not Austynn. That ruined it for me, no offense.

I like the following for girls( some for boys too )

Finley
    Flynn
    Kai
    Micah
    Alexius
    Quinn
    Rhys
    Larkin
    Aries
    Alexius
    Jasper
    Evan