Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Help pleeeeease

Help pleeeeease

Hi,
    Im 37 weeks pregnant today with my second child, a boy. We have finally chosen a first name - Flynn but we are struggling with middle names.
    My partners father died before we met and we felt it nice to honor him in some way. However, we aren't keen on his actual name - Colin, but found that Colin is a diminutive form of Nicholas which we both like. The problem is id like to honor my dad in some way so suggested his second name of George. My partner doesnt want our son to have George as this is my dads actual middle name. Diminutives of George that i can find include - Dod, Georgie & Geordie none of which we're very keen on.
    Does anyone know of any other nicknames for George?? Or for Stanley, my dads first name??
    Many thanks
    Already blessed with a daughter Ella Paige and now planning number 2!!
    Current favourites include:
    Girls - Lois, Ava, Genevieve, Sophie, Ines & Alice
    Boys - Luca, Arlo, Evan, Leo, Tomas & Henry
    Combos - Lois Genevieve & Evan Henry

Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Frances Bambi JaneEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Roscoe Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

Behind The Name lists versions of George from various languages, so perhaps one of those would appeal to you: http://www.behindthename.com/name/george

Among the more usable variants, perhaps you'd like Jordi, Jory, Joris, or Yuri.

For family, perhaps Stanislas, or Stanton? Stanley apparently means "stone clearing", so maybe Peter, which just means "stone". @handsallover's suggestion of Lee might also work.
    Last edited by maggiefromcanada; March 24th, 2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I like Stanford as a name (and as an aspiration).

I love rkrd's suggestion of Stanford - I think Flynn Nicholas Stanford sounds fabulous!

Flynn Nicholas George sounds adorable, is he really against just using George?