Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these names dated?

I posted on the girls forum to ask about some names and what everyone considered dated so I thought I would ask here for my boy names...Do you think any of these names are dated?

Elvis
    Ernest
    Thaddeus
    Abe -nickname only
    Ignatius
    Eric

Also what names do you consider dated?

Elvis - This reminds me of Elvis Presly and I would wonder if the parents were fans.
    Ernest - This seems dated but older names are coming back so maybe this one will too.
    Thaddeus - This one seemed dated too but it might come back since older names are rising in popularity. I think it's more likely that Thaddeus will rise in popularity than Ernest but I don't have anything to base this on.
    Abe - This name doesn't seem dated at all both Abram and Abraham are rising in popularity.
    Ignatius - Doesn't seem dated but I think that's because a celebrity used it for their child, I don't actually know anyone with this name.
    Eric - This name doesn't seem to fit with the rest on the list, it doesn't sound dated to me.

Ernest - the only one I think might be considered dated or old, especially with the nn Ernie.
    Elvis and Abe - I don't think are dated, but I think they are too associated with their namesakes.
    Thaddeus and Ignatius - aren't old sounding to me. They are unique while not being made up.
    Eric - a name that I see as timeless (like Alexander).

I feel like boy names are less likely to be dated, but here are some I thought of:
    Richard
    Willard
    Clarence
    Earl
    Norman

Elvis isn't dated so much as it is a one person name. I know there are other Elvises out there, but most everyone will think of Elvis Presley.

Thaddeus, Ignatius, and Eric don't strike me as dated at all. Abe is a little dated, but could be cool on the right guy. Ernest still feels a bit fusty.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Last edited by pamjsg99; March 19th, 2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Son: Jacob Milton
    Granddaughter: Shiloh
    Grandson: Niko

Current favorites:
    Jensen, Althea, Alliyah, McKaili, Lilliana, Everly, Briar, Kiley, Madilyn, Athena
    Elijah, Noah, Sebastian, Theo, McKia