Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    amandaescoto25- I'm the total opposite! I don't know what it is, but I just can't stand the sound of Genevieve in French...which would be a major problem if we used it when it came to talking to my SO's family!!

ashthedreamer- Yes!! I'm not alone, hahaha!! I feel like everyone likes them better in French and then "hate" on the English pronunciations and I'm sitting there all "but I like the other way!!" Lydie kind of reminds me of eyelid? Hahaha, I have no idea why though! I think I miss coffee a little because when I saw Capucine I saw "cappuccino". I feel like Madelaine and Adeline would cause some problems in the States; Madelaine being mistaken for a "Madeleine" spelling or something and I think that Adeline would be pronounced "LINE" at the end (or even possibly Lyn). Prune probably wouldn't be the best to use here, hahaha I had a thread just for the name Anabel/Anabelle/Annabelle/Annabel but it was just causing too many problems so I scratched the name. And I actually didn't know that Clementine was a French name and had previously suggested it and my SO laughed and said no way I wouldn't want you to have to go out of your way to ask someone about names, that wouldn't seem right! Thanks for the website ideas, I'll take a look at them for sure!!

what about...
    Marguerite; it's definitely French, sounds pretty much the same in both languages, and means daisy!
    Margot; I don't know if this has been suggested yet but I know it's used in English often.
    Edith; like Edith Piaf, bonus cute nickname "Edie"!
    Simone; sounds the same in English & French
    Angelique; nickname Ana?
    Patrice; although it may be considered more of a boy's name in French Canada
    Corinne; I knew a girl named Corinne when I was younger and everyone loved her name!

good luck, I'm sure you'll find the perfect name!

sorry, thought of more! haha

Mirabelle; LOVE this one
    Babette; very French and very cute

done now.

I am not French, so I may be completely off base with these suggestions, sorry,

Cecile
    Dominique
    Marie
    Sabine
    Valerie
    Michelle
    Nicolette
    Julienne
    Claudine
    Rachelle
    Colette
    Liana

Good luck!
    Mom to two dears

~ My Little Whirlwind, Fall 2010 ~

~ My Little Sunshine, Winter 2013 ~

Wow, this looks like quite the predicament! My uncle is french, so I will go through his facebook friends and see what their names are... I don't know if these names are French, but they are names of people who live in France!

Monique
    Sylvie
    Brigitte
    Annick
    Christelle
    Poppy
    Anita
    Melanie
    Sandrine
    Evelyne

You know, this probably isn't much of a help since you really wanted a French name.. Here are some that actually are of the French origin:

Aloisa
    Aceline
    Amabel
    Carissa
    Celeste
    Cosette
    Elodie
    Giselle
    Isabeau
    Jeanette
    Louisa
    Mabel
    Mallory
    Margot
    Marion
    Nancy
    Opaline
    Theodora

Good luck! Hope you find the perfect name!