Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I have friends who picked Elise due to its ability to be either french ir english.. I think they are happy!
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

alphabetters- Elise has never really seemed pretty or special to me I've met a few bad Elise's in my time as well which has tainted my views of the name

Maelys is a lovely french name. Have you considered this? X

gertielee- I like the sound of Maelys but I have a feeling in the States it will just look like a "yooneek" name or maybe even a "made up" name

OH I have an idea! That's cool that he's french Canadian, I'm Canadian and going to Quebec this weekend! I'll look out for french names for you

I had an ideas. Arianne. It is French (French derived from a Latin name) and sounds French, but works in English. It does not start with a J so no alliteration (and ur last name appears to be 2 syllables while this is 3 so they'll sound nice together). There is only one spelling (just realized it can also be spelled Ariane, but I think the 2 n's is much nicer and is the more common/expected way of spelling it. Ariane would be the rarely heard variation. ex. Arianne is the Rachel, and Ariane is Rachael). It gives you the nn Ana. It's spelled Anne at the end, but but is pronounce Air-ee-ahn. The "ahn" ending makes it work with nn Ana (pronounced the way you like). According to the rules, It is the perfect name. I also think it's super pretty http://nameberry.com/babyname/Arianne - Check it out.
    Isla, Sadie, Neva, Thalia, Leora, Sylvia, Maeve, Flora, Aria & Tessa
    Noah, Henry, Ronan, Wyatt, August, Caleb, Grant, Charlie, Flynn & Alfie