Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Im new and i need some suggestions!

Hi everyone, im due to have a boy in july and we havent decided on a name yet. My fiance and I are planning on marrying next year but the baby will definitely have his surname even though we aren't married yet.

his surname is Black and we're having trouble finding names that go with it because a lot of the names we like dont sound that great with Black as the surname.

at the moment our list is:
    Logan
    Aiden
    Gavyn
    Levin
    Alby - this one really doesnt go with the surname but we really like it
    Archer
    Zephan
    Daryl
    Chayton (a family name)

So I want some more names that you think suit our style and would also go with the surname Black.

I do think we like more trendy names but we do also want something unique so we're unsure about using Logan & Aiden because they're very popular where we live. So maybe trendy sounding but also unpopular?/

thanks

From your list my favorite is definitely Archer. Gavin (I don't like it with a y) is nice too, but popular also so I don't think it would fit your unique criteria.

I agree that Gavin looks very strange with a -y, but spelled correctly, I like it. Also, Zenon, Zane, Calvin, Clive, Dashiell, Flynn, Finn, Aldrich, Dylan, Declan.

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry! With a surname like Black, it's advisable to avoid another word for a first name. From your list, I think Zephan would be the most unique and memorable choice. I don't mind the flow of Logan Black either but it's a trendy name. Here are some suggestions.

Emerson
    Jericho
    Silas
    Desmond
    Zephyr
    Duncan
    Eamon (ay-mon) - a great alternative to the popular Aiden
    Lorcan - a less popular choice than Logan
    Quentin
    Orion
    Sutton
    Theron
    Tynan
    Carsten
    Darian
    Quinlan
    Lennox
    Aidric
    Donovan
    All the best,
    Mischa.

thanks everyone. i also prefer Gavin spelt like this but my fiance said we could only add it to the list if we spell it Gavyn but we can't agree on it so we probably wont use it in the end.

from your suggestions, i like:
    Zenon
    Dashiell
    Emerson
    Desmond
    Zephyr
    Lorcan
    Orion
    Darian (this is a funny suggestion because my Derian is a family name on my fiance's sie and we considered it for a while.. maybe I'll bring it up again because I really like it)
    Lennox
    Aidric