Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ways to honour a Carol?

Hi berries

I'm looking for some help and advice. My brother and sister in law are expecting their second baby at the end of May , a little brother or sister to Tyler Jack.

A few weeks before they found out that they were expecting , my brothers mum passed away. So if baby is a girl they would like to honour his mum in a way, her name was Carol.

What name suggestions do you have to honour a Carol? They have suggested Carly so far.

Thanks, LauraKate xo
    for every dark night, there is a brighter day

Carly is a nice choice

Charlotte (too far stretched?)
    Caren or Karen

Anything that has "car" in it would be fine
    Or maybe a name that has the same meaning as Carol?

As others have said, Carol originated (at least in part) as a shortened version of Caroline. Caroline is a female version of Charles (Carolus). Other female names that are related to Charles, or are nicknames of Caroline or Charlotte and so have the same "name history" as Carol:

- Charlotte
    - Caroline (those 2 are the most obvious)
    - Carly
    - Carolina
    - Charlie (I don't like it as a full name for a girl - it's my nephew's name - but a lot of people are into it)
    - Lina
    - Callie
    - Caddie
    - Lottie
    - Carlotta
    - Kaja (The Kaya or Kaia spellings are probably easier to use in the US)
    - Ina

The other origin of Carol is the word for song - as in Christmas Carols. So a song or music word could also work:
    - Lyric
    - Melody
    - Harmony
    - Aria
    - Cadence
    - Calliope
    Catherine/Kathleen, Susan/Susannah, Anne/Anna/Annabeth, Jane, Margaret/Marguerite, Rose/Rosemary, Cecile/Cecily, Flora/Laura, Gwendolen, Paloma, Tabitha, Lucille, Beatrice, Harriet

Frederick, Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy

Northeastern USA
    I don't know if Carolyn or Carlen have been suggested, but those are maybe more unusual suggestions compared to what others mentioned.

These are some good suggestions, thank you! I'll show them to my brother and see what he thinks, he doesn't say much about his mum but I know he would love to name his daughter after her. xo
    for every dark night, there is a brighter day