Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4th baby name help

Hi there! I am expecting my forth little one. I have three daughters (from my previous marriage) and my husband and I chose not to find out the gender of this baby. We have our top choice names but I'd love to hear some opinions. My daughters names are Kassidy, Mackenna and Alaina. The names we have selected for this baby are Sloane (for a girl) and Damon (for a boy). I'd love some feedback on our choices and am open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry. I like Damon for a boy. It's an ancient name that sounds modern. I don't care for Sloane at all. It sounds like a downer kind of name because it rhymes with moan and groan. You seem to prefer unisex names for a daughter so here are some other suggestions.

Girl

Reese
    Greer
    Skylar
    Bailey
    Ellery
    Marlowe
    Waverly
    Hayden
    Morgan
    Delaney
    Sawyer
    Blair
    Riley
    Bellamy

Boy

Griffin
    Drake
    Jackson
    Cooper
    Devin
    Schuyler
    Blake
    Campbell
    Fraser
    Grayson
    Dylan
    Spencer
    Donovan
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Well, usually knowing someone with a name makes you like it more because it's more familiar, but I know a cute little girl named Sloane and I can say that I still don't like it at all. Sorry. I agree with mischa about the groan/moan thing, I also think of slowwww. I mean, what if she gets bad grades or is the slowest runner in her class? I dunno! If you love it, then go for it, it fits fine with your sibset, just not one I personally like.

Damon is fine. I'm not big on names that start with d-a-m, but it's a serviceable name that's pleasant enough.
    I like Mischa's suggestions of Devon and Drake, as well as Reese and Waverly.
    What about Piper, Whitley, Danika
    or Davis, Ronan, or Sullivan
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Damon is fantastic, although I don't particularly care for Sloane. Here are some other ideas:

Addison
    Avery
    Brooke
    Clio
    Hadley
    Harlow
    Harper
    Marin
    Marley
    Paige
    Rory
    Rowan
    Sadie
    Tatum
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

I don't care for Sloane —*too similar to Slug in my opinion.

What about:
    Blake
    Blythe
    Ellis
    Flynn
    Quinn
    Shiloh
    Scout
    Sailor
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.