Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It sounds dated to me.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Yes, it does seem very dated to me. It is a pretty name! I just kind of see it clumped together with the countless Melissas from my age group. It would probably be a lot rarer on a little girl born now.

But if you absolutely love it, use it! Being dated really doesn't matter when you're in love with a name. I love the name Marcy, which I'm told over and over again is dated. I don't care, I still love it and might use it one day!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

I have never met a Marissa so I don't find it dated! I really like it. I find it sweet and spunky.

I've never met a Marissa, and only one Melissa who would be in her 40s now, so I don't find it dated either. It's pretty, feminine, and a bit frilly. I'd prefer Nerissa, with the Shakespeare connection, or Larissa, though.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

My girls sitter name is Marissa(18) and she has a sister Nicola and a TJ is the brother ( Tyler James I think)