Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post Help me pick a GIRLS name

Hello

I'm not your typical name-crazy pregnant mom. The truth is that the important task of naming a human seems quite daunting. Our son is Wesley, I want our daughter (due in June) to have a name that is just as perfect.

I like the name Isla, but I'm a little apprehensive. It will be mispronounced, and I refuse to give it an alternative spelling. I'm not one for alternative spellings anyway. Isla is a beautiful name, but I don't want to put our daughter in a position where she is constantly correcting people who get it wrong.

The other names I like are Aubrey and Audrey.

So... pick one of the following (please)

Isla Faye
    Isla Celeste
    Aubrey Faye
    Aubrey Celeste
    Audrey Faye
    Audrey Celeste

I'm also open to other suggestions.

Wow I really love these names! Isla sounds beautiful and my favourite would have to be Isla Faye. Spelling should be ok - it's alright to have to correct every so often. I also love the middle names!

My Favorite is Isla Faye. I think Isla is becoming more "known" so I don't think there will be too many pronunciation issues, but that could be also based on where you are from.

Isla is very popular in Canada, Australia and the UK (#7 name in England in 2012). It is becoming a lot more well-known in USA too.

If you are from one of these countries, I doubt you will have many pronunciation issues. I can't speak for any other countries though.

Isla is stunning and if you love it then you should definitely go for it! I like Aubrey and Audrey too.

Isla Faye is my favourite.
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

I like Isla and Isla Faye is very pretty but I hear Isla a lot these days (I don't think you'd get pronounciation issues) so I'm starting to get a little tired of it. Aubrey is nms at all, it's too "trendy" and unisex. I absolutely adore Audrey. She is a beautiful underused elegant classic! Audrey Faye is just fantastic! Audrey and Wesley make a great sibset imo. Other ideas:

Ada
    Ivy
    Iris
    Ava
    Ida
    Bridget
    Margaret/Margot
    Violet
    Sylvie
    Ira
    Agnes
    Ruby
    Pearl
    Olive/Olivia
    Odette
    Eleanor/Nora
    Lucille/Lucy
    Charlotte/Lottie
    Lillian/Lily
    Lilah
    Eliza/Elise
    Elsa
    Esmé
    Bella/Belle
    Lyra
    Imogen
    Ingrid
    Isabelle/Isabella
    Eve/Eva
    Fleur
    Francesca
    Felicity
    Elaine
    Evelyn
    Fiona
    Alice
    Vivienne
    Genevieve
    Calla
    Cora
    Clara
    Adeline/Adelaide
    Aurora
    Amelie/Amelia
    Beatrix/Beatrice
    Amber
    Blythe
    Nora ~ Alice ~ Esmé ~ Elise ~ Lucy ~ Fiona ~ Grace ~ Rose ~ Vivienne ~ Evelyn ~ Genevieve

Henry ~ Patrick ~ George ~ James ~ Oliver ~ Theodore ~ Joseph ~ Lucas ~ Atticus ~ Isaac ~ Thomas