Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can't Decide on Girls Name…Bayla?

Looking for possible girl names as a sister to Jonah Elias.

quick background, she must be named after my father Barry.

Does not have to be Hebrew/Jewish, but my name is Hebrew (Marni) , my DH name is biblical (Aaron) and Jonah is biblical, so I don't want her to feel "left out"

I recently discovered the name Bayla (Baila, Beila ext), a yiddish word meaning white, also has some ties to a biblical stores. What do you think? Does it sound to unique in relation to Jonah? i just love the nickname Bay, I think it is so cute.

Any other suggestions?

I love Bayla, I know a girl with the name! I know multiple girls with your name too, but they spell it Marnie

There aren't too many Hebrew names that start with B. There's Batsheva. Maybe Rebecca nn Becca? Is Barry short for anything?

Or perhaps Bethany? That would go really nicely with Jonah I think. And it's subtly biblical.
    ☆ raphael howard & dahlia hermione ☆

solomon, jonah, lev
    esme, miriam, eve

thank you for the suggestion @isaberry . I think Batsheva is too "hebrew" for me. I like the connection Bayla has to being Yiddish/Hebrew, but it isn't as "strong" if that even makes sense. Kind of like Marni, it is unique (not as much anymore - but still not a top 1000 name), but people don't know right away that it is Hebrew.
    I don't like Rebecca, it is just too boring and I know so many Rebecca's!
    Bethany I think is really pretty, but I hate the nn Beth, and I feel like it could be inevitable.

Barry is not short for anything, and his flu legal name is Barry Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by marn209 View Post
    Looking for possible girl names as a sister to Jonah Elias.

quick background, she must be named after my father Barry.

Does not have to be Hebrew/Jewish, but my name is Hebrew (Marni) , my DH name is biblical (Aaron) and Jonah is biblical, so I don't want her to feel "left out"

I recently discovered the name Bayla (Baila, Beila ext), a yiddish word meaning white, also has some ties to a biblical stores. What do you think? Does it sound to unique in relation to Jonah? i just love the nickname Bay, I think it is so cute.

Any other suggestions?
    Hmm...
    Bayla is an intriguing choice and feels closely related to Barry. Bayla works nicely with Jonah.

Other names that could work...
    Batsheva
    Bat-Ami
    Batya
    Behira
    Berura
    Bilha
    Bina
    Bracha

: )

Bayla is quite cute :-) I believe Aeropostale (clothing store here) has a style of jeans that are named Bayla - so the name could be somewhat familiar for those who shop at the store like I do.

My only B suggestion would be Betsy or Bettina - both variants of Elizabeth.
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~