Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by babynumbertwo View Post
    Would any of you like Emily more than Claire if Emily hadn't become so popular?
    For what it's worth, I think Emily (my name) is as fine a choice as your other names--it's just that people got tired of it. There is a little Emily in my son's day care, and she is beautiful and adorable and sweet as can be... and after all the negativity toward Emily on forums recently, I actually found it quite refreshing! Trends are always changing. Anyway, I say if you love it, use it! At least she will be younger than all the Emily's born from 1995-2005, so maybe there wouldn't be a ton in her classes.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

We are getting close and are confused again. Lol
    We want a timeless, short and sweet name that will age well. We keep thinking we might be missing a good one. The middle name will likely be Estelle, but that could be changed. My wife prefers not to use names ending with an A.

So far we have...

Claire Estelle
    Zoe Estelle
    Emily Estelle
    Claire Estelle is my favourite out of three names. Claire is elegant, timeless, and seems strong yet in a quite dainty style. Even though Estelle isn't a favourite of mine she works well with Claire. Claire Estelle sounds very well together and feels very classic.

Suggestions:
    Ada Estelle
    Loren Estelle
    Willa Estelle
    Ava Estelle
    Anna Estelle
    Nina Estelle
    Faith Estelle
    Iris Estelle
    Ivy Estelle
    Juliet Estelle
    Mary Estelle
    Marina Estelle

: )

If Emily weren't so common, yes I would prefer it to Claire.

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"

Would any of you like Emily more than Claire if Emily hadn't become so popular?
    I like Emily and Claire pretty much equally anyway. I don't discount just on popularity.

Emily's been popular for so long I find it pretty evergreen. Not trendy. It's just that with all the Emilys, Emmas, and Ellas around, it's sounds you hear A LOT.

(I love Emily, I do not like Emma and I'm back and forth on Ella)

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    I like Emily and Claire pretty much equally anyway. I don't discount just on popularity.

Emily's been popular for so long I find it pretty evergreen. Not trendy. It's just that with all the Emilys, Emmas, and Ellas around, it's sounds you hear A LOT.

(I love Emily, I do not like Emma and I'm back and forth on Ella)
    pretty evergreen...that's a good way to put it!