Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Azriel and Eiryth...

Here are a few names that caught my eye over the last week.

Please note, this isn't a list of potential names for a baby, just names that caught my attention. I'm not even 100% sure I like all of them!

What do you think? Any worthy contenders for my name lists?

BOYS: Antonius, Azriel, Laszlo, Nashua, Obadiah, Osric, Sabian, Sampson, Stelian, Thane, Theon

GIRLS: Cambria, Eirys, Eiryth, Sabina, Sabine

Have any names stopped you in your tracks recently?
    Alfred | Arthur | Bartholomew | Ephraim | Frederick | Isadore | Ozias | Rupert | Sherlock | Victor

Antonia | August | Damaris | Eliza | Esmeralda | Marceline | Matilda | Ramona | Tahlia | Trudy

I love Azriel.

I have a problem with it though.

When I was a teenager I wrote a story (which took me years and helped me survive high school) and I had a girl character in it who needed a name. I thought I'd made something up when I called her Azriel. :/ Needless to say I was pretty dismayed when I discovered it was a real name, and a boy's name at that.

Oh well. It's still lovely on a boy
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Ooh I love Azriel, (although I like it spelled 'Asriel' like the character in HDM)! Osric is delightful. For girls, I like Eiryth and Sabine
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

I absolutely love Eirys and Eiryth, I've been thinking about both of them too recently. They're both really delicate and summery yet feel ancient and magical to me. I also met a little Sabine a few weeks ago and she made me quite like it (I'd previously had a strong dislike) - her mum called her Beanie and it was sort of adorable.

As for your boys, I love Thane, Azriel, Stelian and Osric. I met a little Thane recently, it's such a cool name and he was cute. Sampson is a bit too surnamey for me (I like Samson a lot more but the biblical reference feels too heavy).
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Im loving Sabian, Theon (both on my list), Stelian, Lazslo, and Thane, even though it reminds me of Macbeth, I kind of like it. For girls Eirys and Eiryth intrigue me, I must do some research...
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow