Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Azriel and Eiryth...

Here are a few names that caught my eye over the last week.

Please note, this isn't a list of potential names for a baby, just names that caught my attention. I'm not even 100% sure I like all of them!

What do you think? Any worthy contenders for my name lists?

BOYS: Antonius, Azriel, Laszlo, Nashua, Obadiah, Osric, Sabian, Sampson, Stelian, Thane, Theon

GIRLS: Cambria, Eirys, Eiryth, Sabina, Sabine

Have any names stopped you in your tracks recently?
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

I love Azriel.

I have a problem with it though.

When I was a teenager I wrote a story (which took me years and helped me survive high school) and I had a girl character in it who needed a name. I thought I'd made something up when I called her Azriel. :/ Needless to say I was pretty dismayed when I discovered it was a real name, and a boy's name at that.

Oh well. It's still lovely on a boy
    ~Boys~

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★

~Girls~

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Ooh I love Azriel, (although I like it spelled 'Asriel' like the character in HDM)! Osric is delightful. For girls, I like Eiryth and Sabine
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

I absolutely love Eirys and Eiryth, I've been thinking about both of them too recently. They're both really delicate and summery yet feel ancient and magical to me. I also met a little Sabine a few weeks ago and she made me quite like it (I'd previously had a strong dislike) - her mum called her Beanie and it was sort of adorable.

As for your boys, I love Thane, Azriel, Stelian and Osric. I met a little Thane recently, it's such a cool name and he was cute. Sampson is a bit too surnamey for me (I like Samson a lot more but the biblical reference feels too heavy).
    Rosemary Una - Annabel Briar - Tabitha Lettice - Maude Evangeline - Fenella Pearl - Agnes Eilidh
    names for dreamy, sublime little darlings. the smell of springtime air, freckled knees, damp hair. Soft evening light and fiery hearts.
    Emmett Jack - Rufus Alec - Cathal Nicholas - Eoghan Wilfred - Caspian Hugh - Harrison Baez

olivia, seventeen, film student. my own little witch's cat Shura!
    (dreaming of a deerhound named ''Sholto'')

Im loving Sabian, Theon (both on my list), Stelian, Lazslo, and Thane, even though it reminds me of Macbeth, I kind of like it. For girls Eirys and Eiryth intrigue me, I must do some research...
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (16)
    Hoping to be a mummy in the future. Dreaming of...
    Caspian Sherlock Walter, Phoenix Arthur Blaise, Ptolemy Alexander Remus, Horatio Albert Louis ✦
    Mister Men

Pandora, Georgiana, Lyra, Fae, Clara, Hermione, Alexandria, Evanthe, Persephone, Beatrix
    Little Misses

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •