Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thoughts on Eve with my sibset?

I've recently really started to love the name Eve. The problem is that my kids' names are Boston and Piper (I call them Bos and Pip about half the time). A friend of mine thinks that Eve would be really mismatched with Boston and Piper.

I think of Eve as short, sweet, and on trend. Not necessarily as the very biblical choice that my friend views it as. I'm not sure that I would actually use it in the end, but when Piper was born I looked at her and thought she looked like a June. I still think that to this day, and that name wasn't even on our radar - it was too late to change it though. The next one we aren't deciding for sure until we meet him/her.

What do you think of Eve with my other kids' names? A coordinating sibset is important to me, but I'd like to have a short, sweet option on my list just in case the next one pops out and just doesn't fit the other names we chose either.

The other names that we would consider for a girl are Avalon, Lennox, and Callaway - for now.
    Last edited by chantillylace; March 17th, 2014 at 07:45 PM.
    I am a Chantal that has never liked her name... at all. Trying to give my children names they - at the very least - can stand.

Mom to Boston and Piper <3

Names I love...
    Boys - Grady, Crew, Oakley, Penn, Beckett, Milo and Callum
    Girls - Lennox, Callaway, Arden, Belle, Lorelei, Annabel, Posey, Violet, and Eve

Bump!

I am a Chantal that has never liked her name... at all. Trying to give my children names they - at the very least - can stand.

Mom to Boston and Piper <3

Names I love...
    Boys - Grady, Crew, Oakley, Penn, Beckett, Milo and Callum
    Girls - Lennox, Callaway, Arden, Belle, Lorelei, Annabel, Posey, Violet, and Eve

Ehh they don't sound bad! Piper and Eve clash a taaad bit, but if they'rr said enough together it ends up sounding wonderful!

Spencer, Quinton, and Erica. If they were not my brothers that I had grown up with I would say they were all EXTREMELY different and wouldn't work together. Frankly, I don't think any other names could've worked better!

That said, Piper and June would be DARLING.

You're right in that the sibset doesn't match really but personally I think it's better to have the name suit the child over matching sibsets. Eve is also a lovely name that would serve her well throughout her life. Some suggestions, in any case:
    Harlow
    Avery
    Eden
    Clover
    Everly
    Sienna
    Emery
    Haven
    Cambry
    Willow
    Larkin

I personally don't think Eve is the best pair for your other children's names. I like Avalon, and you could use nn Ava, since you said you wanted a short, sweet option.