Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Girl name suggestions for 4th baby

We are expecting our 4th baby and we don't know the gender, yet, but girl names are hard so I'm getting started! I like traditional names and so far we've stuck with vowels as the first letter, but we don't need to continue that. I want something that goes with the group and it would be a bonus if it was a saint's name (but not necessary).

I already have:
    Isaac
    Aaron
    Amelia

For this baby (if a girl), I like:

Elsie (husband not thrilled because of the cow reference, but I think it's adorable)
    Eleanor
    Cecilia
    Anna (I love this name, just hesitating because of its popularity in my friend/co-worker circle)
    Susanna
    Annalie--probably won't use this, but I love it. Something similar other than Annalyn and Annaliese?

Any similar suggestions to add to the name pot??

Isaac, Aaron, and Amelia are lovely names. Congratulations on your fourth.

Elsie - I wouldn't worry about the cow reference, but considering your kiddos have such formal names, call her Elsa or even Elisabeth, and nickname her Elsie.
    Eleanor - Lovely in your set.
    Cecilia - Cecilia is far too close in sound to Amelia.
    Anna - I'd be a little wary of another A name, leaving Isaac out! Plus, if you're worried about the popularity...
    Susanna - Charming and cozy name. Are you willing to break the vowel pattern for this one?
    Annalie - Yes, it feels out of place. I would consider Annora instead, as you like Anna and Eleanor. It means "honor."

As far as vowel saint names, you might like:
    Adelaide
    Agnes
    Audrey*
    Elisabeth*
    Emma
    Eve
    Isabel*
    Olive
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Personally, I would stick with vowel names. I love Eleanor from your list, and I will second lemon's suggestion of Isabel.

Alternative to;
    Elsie - Ellis, Elie, Elsa, Elisabeth, Elisaveta
    Anna - Ana
    Annalise- Alanna, Annaleigh, Annaelle, Annalisa,

I adore all of these names. But Eleanor and Cecilia, are my favorite.
    punctuality is a virtue of the lonely.

I think your daughters name should be a vowel considering all the others are. However not an A since then poor Isaac would be the only one with out an A name. Obviously other name will work but just an idea
    Isaac, Aaron, Amelia &
    Evelyn
    Elodie
    Eloise
    Eliza
    Ingrid
    Olive

Other non- vowel names
    Cora
    Lydia
    Nora
    Sylvia- nn Sylvie