Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It's not that I would never want to see her again I think at this moment it's just better if we both keep our distance. It's a very delicate time for me and I don't need the added stress. In time I would be more than ready to welcome her back to our home but right now no. I wouldn't be opposed to her giving Gable a nickname in fact I love the idea of GJ, but flat out saying she will call her Mary was just a bit much for me to handle. I just want to get into the swing of things give us both time to really think about what has been said.
    MUM TO GABLE JULIETTE 16/03/2014
    My List

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter. I wonder if I might float a theory. If your mother-in-law had a decent relationship with you before this pregnancy, she might have been upset by your decision to have a home birth. Many people, myself included, are highly critical of home birth due to the increased risks this poses to the baby. This is especially a prevalent attitude in older generations who remember many women who lost babies in the era before hospital birth became the norm. It sounds like your mother-in-law shares this attitude.

Perhaps then everything related to your pregnancy and birth was viewed through a critical lens tempered by fear for her unborn grandchild, and an unconventional name choice just sparked further worry that a grandchild she loves very much won't be (in her view) looked after adequately.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying this excuses her rudeness in any way whatsoever. But perhaps if you understand where she's coming from it might make things easier to mend.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Congratulations on your beautifully named baby!

That sounds like a plausible theory, Blade.

What I am wondering is where the heck Mary comes from? Did she want you to name your daughter Mary for some family reason and is now offended? Or did she just pull a name out of the air? Cause it seems like Juliette is a pretty normal alternative, or there are nickname possibilities- I dunno. My dad calls my son by a nickname that I don't love but it doesn't bother me. I think grandparents do that a lot.

I really hope that you can have some peaceful time with your daughter and eventually reconcile with your MIL!

Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's disapproving attitude - that's just wrong beyond words.

Perhaps she could call your daughter Juliette or Julie if she dislikes the first name? Mary doesn't make any sense to me.
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"

That's so stressful!

Congratulations on Baby Gable! (Sounds perfect, doesn't it? Baby Gable )

Remember: you are totally a hormonal wreck right now, so don't go making any life decisions about your tactless mother in law. Take care of yourself. Try to rest. Perhaps in a few weeks when your hormones are a little more normal you'll feel less upset about it, and realize how silly your MIL is being instead.

Enjoy the babe!