Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Happy Purim! Chag sameach!

While many people are celebrating St Patrick's day, there are lots of us who are celebrating the bravery of Esther (Hadassah) and her cousin Mordechai.

I've been writing a story about Purim and so have been learning lots about this incredible holiday; for example, there is a tradition that one of the thirty sons of Haman converted to Judaism....

Here's hoping that you've seen at least one Purimspiel, that you've eaten plenty of Hamantaschen, and that you drowned out the name of Haman with your gragger -- and that you became so drunk you could not tell the difference between Blessed be Mordechai and Cursed be Haman!

Ohhh I love this story It's one of my favourite Bible ones. I had no idea it was a holiday!
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Happy Purim to you! Do you also attend costume parties? Yesterday, I was driving through a neighbourhood that is predominantly Orthodox Jewish, and saw several kids wearing costumes. I assumed that meant it was Purim.

Hope you have a great celebration!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Happy Purim to all of the Berries of the Jewish faith! And Happy St Paddy's name to all - Irish or not!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Yes, Purim is the holiday based on the story of Esther, the only Jewish holiday not found in the Torah.
    Yes, I've attended a Purim masquerade as well as Purimspielen -- although more when my children were children. I expect the circle will come round again when my son the Rabbi has children of his own.
    Shushan Purim tonight -- and the second reading of the Megilla. I've eaten so many chickpeas I may become one.