Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation He's Driving Me Crazy!

My husband & I are welcoming our first child together and he's absolutely driving me up a wall!! We've (thankfully) agreed on two boy name choices but he's being so stubborn about girl names. I have so many names I like/love and we can't use any of them! He doesn't want to use a name that is already used in the family (which is a lot, since his family is HUGE and mine is of decent size). My husband hasn't gone out of his way to give any suggestions, either.

The list I am going to post is of names I really like but cannot use because they are used already. From those names, can you please give me a name or two that I may like? (preferably nothing too close in look or sound to the ones on the list)

Adele
    Alice
    Amelia
    Aurora
    Caroline
    Catherine
    Cornelia
    Eliza
    Emilia
    Emily
    Emmeline
    Flora
    Florence
    Grace
    Juliette/Juliet
    Lavinia
    Lila
    Lily
    Louisa
    Lucy
    Margaret
    Mary
    Phoebe
    Rosalie
    Rosemary
    Ruth
    Siena
    Sophia

(like I said...a HUGE family, that's not even all of the names. I might be able to use one of these as a middle name though!)

I know exactly how you feel. My SO is the exact same way, shooting down all the names I like while never suggesting any. It's infuriating, isn't it? At least I don't have a little one on the way yet or I'm sure I'd be more upset about it. Anyway, yes, that is quite the list you have there...
    Maybe you'll like:
    Sylvia
    Holly
    Maggie
    Esther
    Lydia
    Daisy
    Alexandra
    Natalie
    Georgia
    Violet
    Eva
    Madeline
    Eleanor
    Abigail
    Ruby
    Louise
    Claire
    Chloe
    Edith
    Charlotte
    Tallulah
    Rose
    Olivia
    Molly
    Victoria
    Stella
    Sorry if any of these are too close to some you've already listed, I didn't double check each one!
    Last edited by oiseau; March 16th, 2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: autocorrect is atrocious.

I fancy these: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Indie Nell

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas  

Help "name" my puppy... - AKC names?          

Quote Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. My SO is the exact same way, shooting down all the names I like while never suggesting any. It's infuriating, isn't it? At least I don't have a little one on the way yet or I'm sure I'd be more upset about it. Anyway, yes, that is quite the list you have there...
    Maybe you'll like:
    Sylvia
    Holly
    Maggie
    Esther
    Lydia
    Daisy
    Alexandra
    Natalie
    Georgia
    Violet
    Eva
    Madeline
    Eleanor
    Abigail
    Ruby
    Louise
    Claire
    Chloe
    Edith
    Charlotte
    Tallulah
    Rose
    Olivia
    Molly
    Victoria
    Stella
    Sorry if any of these are too close too some you've already listed, I didn't double check each one!
    Yes! I simply do not understand it! I mean, we are hardly around most of the family anyway so I don't see why it's such a big death to him! Don't worry about names being too close, that's my job (or my husband's job) to determine what is too close; I just wanted to mention that so all the names weren't variants of the names

I like Lydia, Daisy, Violet, Madeline (but not sold because of pronunciations/spelling issues), Eleanor, Ruby (may be too close to Ruth?), Charlotte, Tallulah, and Stella!

I also like Louise, Rose, and Victoria but can't use them because Louise is too close to Louisa, Rose is too close to Rosalie/Rosemary, and there is a male Victor so Victoria would be too close

Aw, sorry husband is being a bother about girl names! We are pretty good at this on NB, so hopefully you both find something you love! Do you mind sharing your boy names so I can get some idea of what your husband agrees to?

You definitely have a classic, vintage style, fairly feminine. Here are some ideas you guys might be able to agree on (fingers crossed!):

Audrey
    Abigail
    Anneliese
    Annora
    Bridget
    Beatrix
    Bryony
    Clara
    Camille
    Cecelia
    Dorothea
    Delilah
    Evelyn
    Estelle
    Frances
    Freya
    Genevieve
    Hannah
    Harriet/Hattie
    Imogen
    Isabel
    Iris
    Ivy
    Jessamine
    Johanna
    Katharine
    Kaia
    Leona
    Lenora
    Lorna
    Matilda
    Mabel
    Miranda
    Madeleine
    Mariel
    Mirabelle
    Naomi
    Nell
    Nora
    Olive
    Opal
    Pearl
    Penelope
    Rosanna
    Ramona
    Rowena
    Rebecca
    Serena
    Savannah
    Sylvie
    Shoshana
    Susanna(h)
    Sarina
    Thea
    Tess
    Tallulah
    Viola
    Vivien(ne)
    Valerie
    Willa
    Zara
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Nora ~ Alice ~ Esmé ~ Elise ~ Lucy ~ Fiona ~ Grace ~ Rose ~ Vivienne ~ Evelyn ~ Genevieve

Henry ~ Patrick ~ George ~ James ~ Oliver ~ Theodore ~ Joseph ~ Lucas ~ Atticus ~ Isaac ~ Thomas