Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Penelope is a lovely name, but I'm going to spin this toward the positive for you and say since it's been Kardashianed, you are likely to end up feeling like your SIL did you a favor by using it first.

I would advise against Belle as a first name, given that Isabella has been at or near the top of the popularity list for several years now. While Belle itself has been out of the Top 1000 for years, so many little girls are called Belle or Bella that you may feel like you hear the name too often.

Ingrid and Bryony are both great. Interesting as I see them as being different from each other and also both different from Penelope, so maybe you're right that you don't have a style! Though Kardashians aside, what links all three is that they're both classic and unusual (until Kardashians) and also have a slight "foreign" sound while not being unfamiliar. Some alternative suggestions that incorporate those qualities, expanding on nono's excellent suggestions above:

Astrid
    Cressida
    Tamsin
    Jessamine
    Cassia
    Francesca
    Cosima
    Daphne
    Delphine
    Freya
    Eloise
    Ramona
    Paloma
    Elodie
    Ariadne
    Annabel
    Maeve
    Bronwen
    Celia
    Vivienne
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I really love the name Penrose. Which would still allow you to use Pen or Penny (or Posey which I love). I completely understand why they might be off-limits to you now, but I’d consider how often you see your hubby’s step-sister. If you see her all the time, choosing something radically different might be good but if it’s really just once a year I wouldn’t be worried about a similar name.

If you really see her rarely I’d consider how I’d feel about having my daughter have the same name... you can always do different nn’s. Or call your Penelope BelleBelle”. If you did decide to do this I’d talk to her first, since you both happened to have chosen the same name and if you really can’t find anything else you really love she might understand - esp if you propose calling your little girl Belle, etc.

Other suggestions (very different):
    - Minvera Belle (I like nn Minnie but there are other options)
    - Bryony Belle (I think the alliteration here is cute and since the two of you already like it) or Briar-Belle
    - Daphne Isobel
    - Illyria Belle
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

How disappointing! And what an odd coincidence... Here are some ideas for you please let me know if anything appeals...

Greta
    Camille
    Imogen
    Amabel
    Lucille
    Lucienne
    Carys
    Augustina
    Roslyn
    Clementine
    Giselle
    Sylvia
    Leonie
    Sybil
    Fiorella
    Marilyn
    Adela, Beatrice, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Evangeline, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Ivanna, Leonie, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Mathilde, Maude, Melina, Ottoline, Paulina, Pascale, Rosalind, Sibyl, Tatiana, Xanthe, Yulia, Zara, Zinnia.
    Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Benoit, Desmond, Eliot, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Jonah, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Pascal, Rhys, Roman

I love Sybil but my husband hates it. Imogen is a name I like but it's very popular here in the UK and also the name of my sister's daughter. I hate that me and my husband are both the youngest of each of our families as decent names are taken by older siblings...