Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names with a similar feel - the magical and the Gaelic?

Looking for suggestions of names that have a similar feel to these? I'm really drawn to names that feel ancient and have a strong history in the British Isles, especially Gaelic and Celtic names. They feel so magical to me and heavily tied to the landscapes that I miss so much!

Iseabail / Ishbel
    Oona
    Eilidh (ay-lee)
    Gillian / Jill
    Esme
    Flora
    Ailbhe / Alva / Elva
    Imogen
    Faye / Fay
    Aoife (ee-fa)
    Ophelia
    Betsan / Betsy
    Lettice (luh-tees)
    Agnes
    Nairne (nare-knee)
    Bonnie
    Deira
    Cecilia
    Morag
    Cordelia
    Amabel / Anabel
    Eimear (ee-mer)
    Jessamy
    Orlaith (or-lah)
    Beatrix
    Yseult

Anything you'd add? Anything that I might not have heard before? Thanks!
    Last edited by oliviasarah; March 14th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

slipped off the front page *boost*
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Maybe...
    Zaira
    Tullia
    Ula
    Sadhbh/Sive/Sadhbba/Sabha
    Fionnuala
    Saerlaith
    Evanna
    Aoibheann

loco for rococo

loves: Vespera, Venus, Thisbe, Zula
    Napoleon, Percival, Tavish, Sverre, Vega

✫      *

Is Saerlaith pronounced something like SOR-lah? SUR-lah?
    I'm sort of fascinated by Sadhbh because it doesn't really feel like a name to me, even though it's really beautiful.

Evanna is beautiful but I'd worry that people would confuse it for Ivanna/Ivana, or pronounce it with a long EE.

It's more like SAYR-lah. (Which has always reminded me of sailor with an accent. haha) Also, it means "noble queen/noble princess," I thought I'd throw that out there. Yes, Sadhbh is lovely! Although, I prefer Sadb, but I suggested the Celtic spelling for you.

Some more:
    Saorla
    Aife
    Teige
    Tierney
    Morrin
    Eavan
    Alastrina/Alastrine/Alastriona
    Tuilelaith
    Tulia/Tullia/Tulliah

www.mummypages.ie/girls-irish-baby-names/ This is where I got most of those. It's a really good source, I believe!

loco for rococo

loves: Vespera, Venus, Thisbe, Zula
    Napoleon, Percival, Tavish, Sverre, Vega

✫      *