Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combining Our Styles

Hello,

We have different styles and we're not exactly sure how to combine them into that perfect first name for our child! My husband tends to like more conservative, traditional names where as I am more "fashion-forward" and like names that are a little more fun.

We're thinking that if we could find something that is maybe a traditional name but has some spark/spunk to it? We are liking the idea of a longer name with a possibility of a nickname as well. Our last name is West Brook (without the space and an E at the end, just don't want it to be googled) and we're set on using one of these as a middle name, since they are after important family members:

Francis
    James
    Thomas
    Robert
    Carlisle
    ^^None of these names can be used as a first name

Thank you!

That's a great surname and almost anything will sound smashing with it.

You have a common dilemma- women tend to be more adventurous namers, particularly when it comes to boys.

I think for the middle slot, you should decide whom you would most like to honor with your first son's name. The name I like best, completely divorced from any family associations, is the distinctive Carlisle. Except for James, all the names you mentioned are two syllables, so I think either a 1 or 3 syllable first name would sound best with West Brook.

Conservative/traditional with some flair:

Elias
    Grant
    Harrison
    Sebastian
    Adrian
    Alistair
    Cameron
    Damian
    Dominic
    Donovan
    Elliot
    Everett
    Julian
    Lionel
    Nathaniel
    Raphael
    Theodore
    Xavier
    Zachary
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Thank you, we don't know if we are having a son or a daughter (we have a girl post as well) but we have added these to a list:

Harrison "Harris"
    Alistair (I'm only so-so on this right now)
    Raphael (possibly Raffe/Raffy")
    Theodore "Theo/Teddy"

I keep forgetting to put stuff in my comments!

I also meant to say that my husband likes Sebastian a lot but I had a cat named "Sebby" and sometimes called him Sebastian so it's just too weird for me

Great, congratulations. They're all very nice choices. So what's on the list right now, in addition to these four?
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq