Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Thoughts on the name Wylder?

I've recently been crushing on the name Wylder for a boy with the nickname Wylie. What do you guys think about the name? I'm just curious as to what people think of the name and how the general public would respond to it if I ever used it in the future.
    Nineteen year-old name-lover, dreaming of someday being a mommy <3

Alaric, Atticus, Benjamin, Declan, Dexter, Finn, Garrett, Jack, Jude, Luke, Lysander, Oakley, Oliver, Patrick, Ryder, Ryker, Sawyer, Sebastian, Wylder "Wylie"

Alice, Annabelle, Ardyn, Chloe, Claire, Clara, Eleanor "Ellie", Elizabeth, Ella, Emily, Emma, Evangeline "Evie", Everleigh, Felicity, Genevieve, Josephine "Josie", Mabel, Olivia, Paisley, Reagan, Stella

~Happy Birthday to Me 8/12/95~

I quite like Wylder and nickname Wylie. Though I do think of Wylie Coyote, that association would fade if I met a little Wylie.

Although I usually dislike 'Y' spellings of names, I think Wylder takes some of the 'wild' out of Wilder and helps to ground it a little.

I think Wylder is difficult to find a middle for as it can sound like you're describing a person - Wydler James, he's more wild than regular James...
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

I much prefer the spelling Wilder. I think you could still easily use the nickname Wylie. Nicknames do not even have to be tied to the name. I have asked about Wilder on the forum and to friends and family and have gotten mostly positive responses. I have Wilder Pax or Wilder Thackeray on my list.
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------------- o -------------- o ---------------

heart my son

I love the sound, but I much prefer the spelling Wilder.
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~

I'm with the others. I prefer Wilder. And you can still use the nickname Wylie/Wiley. I LOVE Wilder. For me, I love that it makes me think of nature and deep forests untouched by man and it makes me think of my mom (for Laura Ingells Wilder). On my list, I have it as a middle in Loki Morpheus Wilder.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014