Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't like Faris with the classic Noah at all. It sounds kind of lightweight next to your son's name. I just find them extremely different in style (like they were named by two sets of parents). You could always use it as a middle name. Here are some suggestions.

Caleb
    Luther
    Farley
    Desmond
    Quentin
    Gideon
    Eli
    Angus
    Griffin
    Jasper
    Lachlan
    Asher
    Grant
    Cyrus
    August
    Luke
    Tristan
    Felix
    Phineas
    Jude
    Fergus
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Our Family is Muslim, we translated Noah's name to English. By the Quran is Noah called Nuh. But the sound of Noah we liked better. We love the name Faris because of the sound and meaning. We want to have a Muslim name but sounding English as well. We are thinking of Benjamin, I like the name. But not as much as Farris/Faris or Ferris. But the name Benjamin sounds better with Noah

Wonderful, then Faris is a great fit. I agree, Nuh is hard for most Americans to say (especially with the voiced H). Faris is a nice secular Arabic name, not tied to Islam or Christianity.

Benjamin doesn't sound Muslim at all to American ears.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by mar550 View Post
    Our Family is Muslim, we translated Noah's name to English. By the Quran is Noah called Nuh. But the sound of Noah we liked better. We love the name Faris because of the sound and meaning. We want to have a Muslim name but sounding English as well. We are thinking of Benjamin, I like the name. But not as much as Farris/Faris or Ferris. But the name Benjamin sounds better with Noah
    What about Benjamin Faris as an option?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Yes we are thinking about Benjamin Faris too.