Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cool, Unusual Classic Names

Hi! My boyfriend and I are expecting a little girl and I really need your help.

You see, my boyfriend wants to use a "cool, unusual" name...I'm totally cool with that except his options are: Jaedynn, Cohcoh, Macklyn, Pocahontas, Maxxwelle, and Deztinneigh (I kid you not.). Those...yeah, not cool with those. I love classic names, like Alice, Matilda, Elizabeth, and so on.

I know he wants to use a cool and unusual name, so I'm hoping you guys can help me find a cool, unusual name that is also technically a classic name that is NOT misspelled (or made up...or a boy name). Any thoughts/ideas?

I am like the same style as you old classic names but ones that are a little quirky and are not used often.

Cora
    Hazel
    Amory or Emery
    Olive
    Blair
    Blyth
    June
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

Today's post -http://nameberry.com/blog/100-classic-girls-names-below-the-top-1000 - has some lovely and rarely heard classic names.

From that list, perhaps you and your boyfriend might like:
    Roxanne (nn Roxy...pretty cool!)
    Clementine
    Lucinda
    Cleo
    Imogen
    Jessamine
    Portia
    Millicent
    Guinevere

Other ideas:
    Celeste
    Magnolia
    Zinnia
    Tabitha
    Stella
    Calista
    Felicity
    Elodie

Your child will thank you for not calling her Pocahantas

How about some names that could feel made up but are already well established names or something quirky:
    Clea/Cleo
    Waverley
    Amity
    Clover

maybe look at yesterdays nameberry post about underused classics before the US top 1000, it still has the classic names you like but maybe being less popular than classics like Catherine it could feel unusual enough for him?