Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Honoring Grandma

We would really like to honor one of our grandma's with either a first or middle name for our little one due this spring. However, for various reasons we can't use their exact names. I'd love some help thinking of variations! Here are the options:

Mary
    Louise
    Joyce
    Evelyn

Thanks everyone!

I fancy these: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Indie Nell

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas  

Help "name" my puppy... - AKC names?          

Trying to avoid repeats:
    Mary: Marietta, Maris, Marisol, Molly, Maribel, Miriam, Mariana, Mara, Maura, Marielle, Maren
    Louise: Lovisa, Lula, Louella, Lou
    Joyce: Joy, Joseline, Josie, names meaning or related to Joy (Blythe, Aliza, Abigail, Allegra, Felicity, Beatrice)
    Evelyn: Eva, Eve, Aveline, Evelina

The four names there will make great bases for whatever name you choose. You're lucky they are names with so many variants and options.
    Girls:
    Nickname-able: Susanna, Johanna, Paloma, Lucille, Harriet, Beatrix, Rosemary, Juniper, Marigold, Annabeth, Gwendolen, Kathleen, Tabitha
    Short and to-the-point: Flora, Jane, Laura, Anne, Cecile, Susan, Kaia

Boys:
    So much easier: Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy, Frederick

Family names are wonderful. Our daughter is named after my husband's grandma and she really love's having a great-grandma that shares her name (Great-Grandma enjoys sharing her name as well).

You have so many great name variation possibilities! I prefer names to be as close to the relative's they are honoring as possible so if I were you I would go with

Marie
    Louisa
    Joy
    Eve

Sorry for any repeats!

Mary -Marie, Marnie, Marina, Minnie
    Louise - Lulu, Louisa, Eloise
    Joyce - Josie, Joy
    Evelyn - Everly, Ever, Eve, Lynn