4 7.55%
  • Milla

6 11.32%
  • Maya

6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nickname for baby Amalia?

My husband and I both have names that start with M, as does my son Milo. I think we've settled on the name Amalia for our daughter due in April but we would like an option for a nickname that starts with M just so she doesn't feel left out as she grows up. Which one of the following sounds best with Milo, as a nickname for Amalia?

I think Mia would be cute and close to her name.
    Lover of Names!!!

Favorite Girl Names:
    Adelaide Rose, Amelia Grace, Arwen Paisley, Bethany Shea, Catherine Scarlett, Delaney Emma, Elizabeth Claire, Kaylen Michelle, Kelsey Danielle, Lillian Summer, Olivia Paige, Rory Eleanor, Sydney Hope, Victoria Ty

Favorite Boy Names:
    Aaron Weston, Charles Isaiah, David Jordan, Gerard Rowan, Hayden Christopher, James Grayson, Jason Graves, Joseph Eli, Matthew Daniel, Nathaniel Isaac, Patrick Owen, Timothy Drake, William Grant, Zachary Reid

Mia is my preferred nickname to Amelia, so it's naturally what I would gravitate towards for Amalia.

Enjoying being a newlywed..................................................... .....................
    Elena | Clara | Ruby | Elizabeth | Juliet | Anastasia | Cordelia
    Henry | Lucas | Nathaniel | Isaac | Phillip | Caspian | Everett
    .....................................................but dreaming of little ones down the road.

Do you guys think Milo and Mia sounds okay? Or is it a tongue twister to say together?

I think it's fine. It's no twistier than other M names, which you say both you and your husband also sport.

The only other two I would consider would be Maya and Maizie. Maizie is kind of a stretch, but Maya could work if you don't super dig Mia. All the other's feature L's on top of M's, and then it gets really twisty. For instance, I'm tripping over myself to say Milo and Molly.

Enjoying being a newlywed..................................................... .....................
    Elena | Clara | Ruby | Elizabeth | Juliet | Anastasia | Cordelia
    Henry | Lucas | Nathaniel | Isaac | Phillip | Caspian | Everett
    .....................................................but dreaming of little ones down the road.