Results 1 to 5 of 21
March 10th, 2014 08:00 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
Our big family is running out of ideas
Hello, my name is Leah Elizabeth & I'm married to Nathan Ezekiel.
together we have 14 wonderful children, all with names we just love:
- Gideon Ezekiel (16) (Ezekiel after his dad)
- Jemima Salome (14)
- Jason Nathaniel (13) (Nathaniel after his father)
- Daniel Jonathan (13) (both Nathaniel and Jonathan mean 'God/Yahweh has given, Jonathan was the middle name of one of my brothers)
- Matthew Jacob (12) (Matthew means Gift of Yahweh, Jacob after his grandfather)
- Naomi Elizabeth (10) (Naomi was the middle name of one of my husbands sisters, Elizabeth is my mothers first name and my middle name and also the middle name of one of my husbands sisters)
- Ruth Jedidah (9)
- Hannah Tabitha (8)
- Ethan Joseph (8) (Joseph was my youngest brothers middle name and the middle name of one of my husbands brothers)
- Tobiah Zachary (6) (Zachary was my older brothers name)
- Eleora Damaris (5)
- Isaiah Andrew (3) (Andrew after another one of my brothers)
- Abigail Grace (2)
- Caleb Ronen (almost 1)
We recently learned we are expecting another set of twins (not planned, bit of a shock) and I find it hard to pick names for them.
We did set some rules:
1.) It have to be Biblical (or Hebrew) names since we all have Biblical names
2.) Silbings with the same sex can't share the same first initial (this is for mail and identification, makes it a lot easier especially with a large family, we had family members using the same first initial for all their children, and it could get confusing sometimes)
For a girl we looked at the names the names:
- Phoebe Susanna (Susanna after my birth mother, who passed away after I was born)
and for the second twin (if they are both girls)
- Michaela/Mikayla (would be named after one of my husbands brothers)
- Chloe (not my favorite, husband does like it)
- Shifra (means beautiful, not sure about this name)
with the middle name being either Zakiah ('Pure') or Yakira ('precious')
For a boy we looked at a few names:
- Aaron (after my youngest brother)
- Levi (pronounced LAY-vee, not like the jeans)
- Philemon (great meaning and sound, but would have the same initial as twin sister if we have B/G twins, something I don't really like)
- Reuben/Ruben (great name, but we have friends with a son named Ruben, and one of their daughters has the same name as one of our daughters, so we would both have two kids with the same name)
- Asher (love the meaning, would probably use it as a middle name for 'Twin B' if we are blessed with two boys)
for the middle name we chose Thaddeus.
Hope this all makes sense. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
March 11th, 2014 02:11 AM #3Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
March 11th, 2014 05:11 AM #5Junior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
Magdalena is a big no here (we have a niece with this name and we don't want to name our daughter after her)
Seraphim is quite nice but a little but too far out of the box for us.
We decided not to use the name Chloe, since Jemima reminded us Chloe looks an awful lot like Cleo (one of our cats)
So far we have been thinking of:
Phoebe Susanna & Samuel Thaddeus
Phoebe Susanna & Simon Thaddeus
Phoebe Susanna & Aaron Thaddeus
Phoebe Susanna & Levi Thaddeus
Phoebe Susanna & Seth Thaddeus
Phoebe Susanna & Michaela Zakiah
Phoebe Susanna & Mikayla Zakiah
Phoebe Susanna & Shifra Zakiah
Boy/Boy our biggest list since we like several names and combinations of the names
Samuel Thaddeus & Aaron Philemon
Samuel Thaddeus & Reuben Philemon
Samuel Thaddeus & Reuben Asher
Simon Thaddeus & Aaron Philemon
Simon Thaddeus & Reuben Philemon
Simon Thaddeus & Reuben Asher
Seth Philemon & Aaron Thaddeus
Seth Philemon & Reuben Thaddeus
Seth Thaddeus & Reuben Asher
Levi Thaddeus & Aaron Philemon
Levi Thaddeus & Reuben Asher
Levi Thaddeus & Reuben Philemon
Levi Philemon & Reuben Thaddeus
Levi Thaddeus & Asher Philemon
Reuben Thaddeus & Asher Philemon
Last edited by leahcraftymum; March 11th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.
March 11th, 2014 05:58 AM #7
Phoebe Susanna is lovely. I don't personally like Michaela - would you consider Esther or Eve? I wonder if they're more timeless.
Esther Zakiah or Eve Zakiah
For the boys I like:
Seth Philemon (Seth Thaddeus doesn't flow well)
Reuben Philemon and Levi ThaddeusWolfgang the fur child
Olympia Hermione Eleanora Marigold Luna
Rupert Aurelius Frederick Theodore
March 11th, 2014 08:25 AM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
I love Phoebe and Chloe- too bad that is out of the running.
How about Mary? Marie? Magdalena is a nice suggestion too, from a previous berrie!
Asher is my favorite boys' name lately. I also really like Simon. I like Thaddeus very much as a mn, but i agree that Seth doesnt flow well with it.
Good luck with 16 children!