Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How Many Girls with These Names...

There are some names I like, but worry about the rise in popularity... so I have to ask if you know little girls with the following names :

Ruby (#89)
    Violet (#106)
    Eliza (#225)

I do feel that these are classic names. They won't be called "decade" names like some that we know of. BUT I still wouldn't want to use a name where there were 5 in each classroom!
    Last edited by shutterbuglove; March 8th, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

It is very unlikely that there would be 5 in their class regardless of popularity.
    In my home state of Tasmania, Ruby is number one... I work with children and have only met 1 Ruby in five years!
    If these are the names you love you should use them
    Eliza Audrey, Freya Madeleine
    Ronan Seth, Xander Liam
    Nora Amalia Esther Ada
    Eamon Leo Emmett Arlo

When I taught 1st grade for 3 years in Nyc, I had 2 Rubys and 1 Violet. No Eliza or any Elizabeth variants for that matter.

I know 1 Eliza, but no girls named Ruby or Violet. I doubt that you would have more than 2 per class, if that. Any of those names would be beautiful and classic, and not dated.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Lilia | Jane | Persephone | Alice | Ariadne | Nicoletta | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Basil | Abram | Thomas | Samuel | Paul | Tobias | Ambrose |
    Pondering:
    | Cora | Delia | Lena | Raphaela | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I've never met someone with any of the names, but I do know of a girl named Ruby and one named Violet- but both are in their mid to early teens.
    Lily - Eliza - Isabelle - Rose - Margaret - Coraline - Emilia - Hazel
    Oliver - Simon - Jasper - Theodore - Henry - Leopold - Ezra - Jack