Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you do when nothing else compares?

I'm not pregnant or even close to have children but names are on my mind constantly. My favourite boy's name has been and probably always will be Isaac. I have the combo picked out, Isaac Gabriel Arthur, and to my surprise my partner agreed - it has names I love and a family name too. However, if all goes to plan we will have more than one child so that is where I'm stumped, unless of course I have girls! For the first time in forever I am totally in love with my girl's list and would name a daughter any of the 7 combo's currently on it.

The big problem that I have with my boy's list is that after Isaac I have no idea what I would name a second son! I cannot narrow down my style when it comes to boy's names. I love, love, love biblical name and would have son's named Isaac, Noah, Jude, Micah, Asher, Elijah, Caleb if I had my way but my partner isn't keen. He's accepted Isaac as my favourite boy's name but he's not loving the others at all.

I like slightly obscure names such as Atlas, Castiel, River, Atticus, Orion, Rafferty, Ezekiel, Cato.

I like some fairly popular names; Jacob, Jenson (trendy in the UK), Finlay, Noah, Rowan, Luca, Sebastian, Theodore, Elijah, Caleb, Jude.

I like some fairly uncommon names; Casper, Milo, Roman, Xavier, Finn, Beau, Barnaby, Tobias, Rupert, Remy, Gideon, Micah, Solomon, Asher

Neither of us like classic, traditional names such as Daniel, William, James, Thomas etc. However, what style goes best with Isaac if my partner isn't willing to budge on the other biblical names?

If you had to suggest sibling names for Isaac what would you suggest? I just don't seem to love anything as much as Isaac. Sister's are likely to be one of Matilda, Beatrix, Persephone, Arabella, Olwen, Primrose & Tabitha, so very girly names.

I also LOVE Isaac - great choice!!

Has your DH mentioned other names he likes?

Here are some suggestions that I think pair well with Isaac:

Isaac & Henry
    Isaac & George
    Isaac & Elijah (although I know your dh isn't into this name)
    Isaac & Jasper
    Isaac & Felix
    Isaac & Luca / Lucius
    Isaac & Carter
    Isaac & Oliver
    Isaac & Hugh / Hugo
    Isaac & Xavier
    Isaac & Alexander
    Isaac & Matteo
    Isaac & Willem

Guess you have a while to ponder, hope some of these appeal.

We have very similar tastes in names. I love biblical too. My son will be Isaac and I have considered both Gabriel and River as middles but have wandered elsewhere to other ideas.

A favourite sibling name for an Isaac is Roman. I adore the name and think Roman and Isaac are a beautiful sounding sib set.

And, by the way , Arabella and Primrose are two of my favourite girl's names (Sylvie being my most favourite) although my husband would never go along with Arabella or Primrose. I love your style! I'm sure you will decide on some great names.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...