Names Searched Right Now:

Looking for a cross-cultural English/Slavic name

We're Americans who currently live in Poland, and will likely stay in Europe, especially Eastern Europe, for most of our children's childhoods. Because of this, it's important that our children have names that work in both English and in Slavic languages, particularly Russian. We have two children, David Mikhail and Lydia Svetlana. Both of their first names are familiar names in both cultures, and their middle names are Russian. We'd like to continue the theme with our third child, who's due in May.
    For a girl, we're considering Victoria, Elena, Camille (Camilla in Russian), Emilia, Rose (Raisa in Russian, pronounced rah-EE-sah), or Julia (Yuliya in Russian). For middles, we like Nadezhda (nah-DYEZH-dah), Evgeniya (yev-GYE-nee-yah), or Miroslava (mee-rah-SLAH-vah).
    For a boy, we're considering Alexander, Arthur (Artur in Russian), or Elijah (Ilya in Russian), with Aleksey, Ilya (eel-YAH), Nikita (nee-KEE-tah), or Yaroslav (yah-rah-SLAHF) as a middle. Of course, we wouldn't choose Alexander Aleksey or Elijah Ilya.
    Which do you like best? Any suggestions or thoughts?
    Last edited by hollyc; March 9th, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

I think all of the fns on your list work well with David and Lydia. My favorites from your list are Rose and Arthur. Victoria, Emilia, and Julia all have a similar ending to Lydia, but I don't think they are too close because it's not the -dia ending. Nikita can often be associated with a female in the US, so maybe use Nicolai or Nico instead.

Some possible combinations:

Arthur Ilya
    Elijah Yaroslav
    Alexander Nicolai

Rose Nadezhda or Miroslava
    Elena Miroslava
    Camille Evgeniya
    Julia Nadezhda

Some other possibilities that I think would work well your sibset:

Paul/Pavel
    Andrew/Andrei
    Mark/Marko