I like ....

Abram (Abe)
    August (Gus or Auggie)
    Caleb
    Ezra
    Leo
    Lorenzo (Enzo)

They are more calm and sweet than nature. =]
    Last edited by lisa429; March 10th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

What about Robin? It seems to fit the sweet and nature-based criteria. I realize it is seen as unisex, so I don't know how you feel about that. I love Robin! We discussed using it for our DS, but ultimately went a different direction.

Also, regarding the popularity of Oliver.... I don't know the exact numbers, but I personally know of three baby Olivers born in the last couple years. Also an Olive and we all know what's happened to Olivia.

For what it's worth, I believe Everett is the next Oliver. I know of two Everetts born in the last year, and have two other girl friends who are dying to use it! I think we will see Everett sky rocket in the next few years. (Don't know how much popularity matters to you, but that's just my two cents.)
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by tintri View Post
    What about Robin? It seems to fit the sweet and nature-based criteria. I realize it is seen as unisex, so I don't know how you feel about that. I love Robin! We discussed using it for our DS, but ultimately went a different direction.

Also, regarding the popularity of Oliver.... I don't know the exact numbers, but I personally know of three baby Olivers born in the last couple years. Also an Olive and we all know what's happened to Olivia.

For what it's worth, I believe Everett is the next Oliver. I know of two Everetts born in the last year, and have two other girl friends who are dying to use it! I think we will see Everett sky rocket in the next few years. (Don't know how much popularity matters to you, but that's just my two cents.)
    I agree with you. Popularity does matter to me - I definitely don't want my son to be one of many in his classroom. At the same time, I don't want to to crazy with names either just to be unique. It's a hard balance! When we named our son, it was before Finn became super popular - and we were worried it'd be too common, but luckily I've never met another Finn in our town so we're still okay (whew)!

Robin is probably too feminine, although that's exactly what I'm going for. I've considered Sparrow for the same reasons but as I'm sure you guessed, my husband wouldn't even consider that thought .

I've heard of "Wilder" being used - since it pays a little homage to wilderness, etc - I like it, but I'm not so sure about a nickname for that.

Previous poster listed "Ezra" and I do like this... not 100% but it sounds nice to me. I feel like I'm a tough cookie to please - but it'll all be worth it when this sweet boy is born and has a great name thanks to all of you!
    momma to sweet finnegan michael
    lover of all things nature

Reed/Reid was the first name to come to mind. Other ideas:

Jay
    Griffin
    Basil
    Ronan
    Bram
    Finch
    Callum
    Gray/Grayson
    Cliff
    Rory
    Graham
    Hart

Love Wilder! I also think it seems nature based. You and I might be kindred spirits.... My beloved boxer's name is Finnegan and I also LOVE nature names! (Raphael's name was going to be Rosemary if he had been a girl!) Can't wait to see what you end up deciding on!

I was also going to suggest Finch and perhaps Ridge.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold