Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I thought of a few more, though I really think Freya is cute with Karin! Anyway, maybe you or SO might like a few of these. Or not...? :-)

Annalie
    Anneliese - Did you already say you liked this, or did I read that wrong?
    Bridget
    Dahlia
    Eva
    Elsa
    Junia
    Lea
    Lilia
    (Linnea - I know it's already on your list. It's stunning!)
    Mia
    Nina
    Sylvie
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

You've gotten a lot of really great suggestions so far. I'm surprised he considers Molly a "strong" name but I guess it does have that classic, solid quality to it. Austen and Montana on the other hand... Not my style, at least.

Here are a few names that I think are strong yet not overly so, if that makes sense:

Olivia
    Annabel
    Penelope
    Josephine
    Lydia
    Audrey
    Vivian/Vivienne (he likes Victoria, right?)
    Fiona
    Bridget
    Cora
    Quin(n)

Sorry for any repeats, I read through all the other suggestions but you've got a lot and I'm sure I've repeated some! Good luck

Sorry - ignore this. My computer isn't working with NB tonight!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Since you don't like the Katherine nicknames, have you thought about naming her Katerina and using Rina as a nickname? I think it's beautiful. Other ideas:

Remi
    Gemma
    Ainsley
    Reina
    Kenna
    Reese
    Eliska

@mickie9-- I really like the Mah-ay-lee pronunciation as well. I'm German, so I really have a thing for European names. I'm really hoping he likes it!

@Lemon--I'm really loving Freya with my Karin also. I think another Scandinavian name would be great. I love almost that entire list! I'll run them all by SO!

@bounceparty-- Some very nice suggestions. Lydia is on my list and I like Fiona. He did mention Penelope, but I brought up the Kardashians and he changed his mind. I'm not sold on any of the others.

@gabriela--I'm really thinking now that Katherine is too close to my daughter, Karin. I think Katherine/Katrina/Katerina,etc are all out. Eliska is another new name to me, I like it! The others aren't my style.
    <3 Karin Olympia <3 2.16.12

~Luke Edward Sebastian~Amias~Asa~Florian~Emil~Emmerich~Gulliver ~Lachlan~
    ~Leopold~Maximilian~Sascha~

~Amalia Thisbe Diane~Araminta~Bellatrix~Dagny~Emiliana~Liesl~
    ~Linnea~Luna~Lydia~Maelys~Saskia~