Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Hm. Molly, strong? And he likes Victoria, Austin, and Montana?! Interesting... ;-)

It sounds like a classic is your best bet. Molly is a nickname name. Does that feel a little more tomboy-ish and strong to your husband, perhaps? To me, Molly is very versatile, but also fairly "comfy," not necessarily "strong." I'm wondering if you guys liked Katherine, if you might also like some fairly no-nonsense, extremely versatile, 'wears well on anyone' girl names. My go-to names for this purpose have long been: CAROLINE, JULIA, and SARAH. I would also think ANNA, EMILY, EMMA, GRACE, and HANNAH to that list. They're no-nonsense, feminine, and easy to say. Plus, many have nicknames:

Caroline - Carrie, Caro (Caroline is ladylike and feminine, Carrie is comfy [like Molly!], and Caro is modern and playful.)
    Julia - Jules, Lia, Julie (Jules is quirky and a little sporty, Lia is dainty and girlish, and Julie is low-key, low-fuss.)
    Sarah - Sari, Sadie, Sally (Sari is modern and fun, Sadie is cutesy and sweet, and Sally is totally throwback.)

Anna - Ann, Annie
    Emily - Em, Emmy, Milly
    Emma - Em, Emmy
    Grace - Gracie, Gray
    Hannah - Han, Hannie

To me, Grace is the most like Molly of the above options, followed by Hannah. But, based on your like of Katherine, Caroline seems like a natural fit, as do Julia and Sarah. And, if he liked Victoria, Caroline and Julia have the same elegant, regal feel.

Hope you and SO get somewhere soon! Let me know if you need more help (PM is best - so find me!). Good luck!

PS I realize these names may be a little too classic for you. I think Isla is nice as someone else suggested. I also think you could for something fun and perky like Cara, Esme, Freya, Lana, Orla, Sela, Thea, or Zara.
    Thanks so much!! My name is Giulia, so that's out. He also vetoed Hannah. I do like Caroline/Carolina, but it might be too similar to my daughter Karin. The others aren't really my style. I do like Cara, Esme, Freya, and Zara, I'll runt hose by him.
    <3 Karin Olympia <3 2.16.12

~Luke Edward Sebastian~Amias~Asa~Florian~Emil~Emmerich~Gulliver ~Lachlan~
    ~Leopold~Maximilian~Sascha~

~Amalia Thisbe Diane~Araminta~Bellatrix~Dagny~Emiliana~Liesl~
    ~Linnea~Luna~Lydia~Maelys~Saskia~

Mickie

| Éloïse | Camille | Sophie-Anne |
    | Sébastien | Luca | Cédric | Théo | Éliam |

@ashleyjuliette-- Camille/Camilla have been vetoed ! I think Lark is cute! The others aren't really my style.

@mickie9-- I like Aria, Dahlia,Louisa,Zinnia, and Mattea! I'll see what his thoughts are. Maelie really intrigued me though, I've never seen/heard it before. Kind of a mix of some of my favorites (Millie/Maelys) and his favorite (Molly.) I'm going to look into this one more!!
    <3 Karin Olympia <3 2.16.12

~Luke Edward Sebastian~Amias~Asa~Florian~Emil~Emmerich~Gulliver ~Lachlan~
    ~Leopold~Maximilian~Sascha~

~Amalia Thisbe Diane~Araminta~Bellatrix~Dagny~Emiliana~Liesl~
    ~Linnea~Luna~Lydia~Maelys~Saskia~

Maélie is very popular here with French Canadians We pronounce it Mah-Ay-Lee, but in English I believe it's pronounced May-Lee. It was the 17th most used name in Québec in 2012.
    Mickie

| Éloïse | Camille | Sophie-Anne |
    | Sébastien | Luca | Cédric | Théo | Éliam |