Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Can Rhys be short for anything?

My husband and I really like Rhys (Reece/Reese-Cant agree on spelling!) for our boy due on Wednesday. Our biggest concern with the name is that our other two children (Bennett & Annabelle) both have names that can be shortened, while Rhys is pretty limited. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of names Rhys could be short for? The only thing I can come up with is Maurice which I am not a fan of. Or any natural nn's suggestions you see owing from Rhys?
    Thank you for any ideas you can provide!

Emrys ( EHM riss )

Demetrius

Bennett and Annabelle are awesome names. if you chose Emrys ( if u like it ), it would make sense to use the Rhys spelling.

There's also no reason to use a long name if you love Rhys. Just give him a three plus syllable middle name to balance it out.

Thank you very much ashleyjuliette, I would have never come up with either of those - I will run them by the hubby!

Emrys is a great suggestion!

Boris
    Brice ("brees", not Bryce)
    Christopher
    Christian
    Crispin
    Dimitris
    Drystan
    Faris
    Fabrice
    Floris
    Idris
    Maurice
    Paris
    Patrice
    Tristan
    Richard (especially something like Richard Sebastian, Richard Sidney, Richard Sylvester)
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Harris? Or maybe Harrison?

It's a bit of a stretch, but my first thought was Rhydian with a middle name beginning with an S.

I really like the suggestion of Emrys.