Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of Bavo?

I've recently come across the name Bavo, I know it's not listed on Nameberry, but there was a Saint Bavo*, so I guess that means it can be a name. I quite like it, and think it has a certain trendy/hippy feel to it.

What are your thoughts? Yes or No - would you use this as a name for your child?

* = Here's a link to Saint Bavo's Wikipedia page, just incase anyone is interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Bavo
    My name is Alice, but you can call me Adelina. I'm just another Teenberry who has an obession with names, royals, history and photography.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline Ophelia Maeve
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie ♕ Nicholas Louis

See my girls and boys lists and new name blog!

Crushes: Léonie, Marielle, Athena, Delphine, Marianne, Jericho, Finley & Lucius
    GP Crushes: Adora, Estellise, Anise, Isabelino, Harvey & Valentino

When I first glanced at your post, my eyes read "Bravo". I love boys names ending in "o". I do love the similar name of Paavo (Finnish for Paul) so Bavo could grow on me.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks Mischa for replying. Does anyone else have any thoughts and opinions on Bavo??
    My name is Alice, but you can call me Adelina. I'm just another Teenberry who has an obession with names, royals, history and photography.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline Ophelia Maeve
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie ♕ Nicholas Louis

See my girls and boys lists and new name blog!

Crushes: Léonie, Marielle, Athena, Delphine, Marianne, Jericho, Finley & Lucius
    GP Crushes: Adora, Estellise, Anise, Isabelino, Harvey & Valentino

I also first thought Bravo, which make me think of Johnny Bravo. It would be interesting, but I feel like meeting someone with the name would change the image for me.
    My Favorites
    ~Boys~
    August Chase | Owen Michael | Dominic Anderson | Emmett Chase | Arlo James

~Girls~
    Amara Juliette | Stella Mae | Marina Arianne | Evanna Louise | Lucia Charlotte

His Favorites
    Mason Anderson Chase | Marina Arianne Louise

I read Bravo. I don't get the hippy feel. It sounds foreign and unfamiliar, though it is short. It says he was also known as Allowin, which is also an interesting name.