Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Struggling to name baby 3

My husband and I are on two completely different pages with naming baby #3 (due in July).

We have a son, Hayden, and daughter, Kaia ("Ki-uh"). We don't know gender and don't really have any strong contenders (that we can agree on) for either sex.

Our surname sounds a lot like 'wind' (i.e. a wind blows, not to wind something). Current middle name contenders are Kaye or using one of the list names, but this is negotiable. I would prefer to stay away from names starting with "k" or ending with 'en' or 'uh' due to our children's names, but as you can see I am also negotiable on this.

I would love if anyone could give us honest feedback on our current lists and provide any suggestions for middle ground.

In no particular order:

Husband's list
    Simone
    Chloe
    Hayley
    Allison
    Michelle
    Amber
    Trinity
    Jade
    Claire
    Fiona

My List
    Mahli
    Tana / Tanner
    Ashton
    Aria
    Asher
    Harper
    Milla

In all honesty, we are struggling. Even the names on our lists we don't love, we just like. We didn't name our son until after he was born as we struggled to agree on names then too. We like that his name is not usual (though not rare obviously with all the Aiden / Brayden / Jayden names out there), can grow with him and, to us, a good 'boy name', despite being unisex. We chose our daughter's name quite easily. I liked that it was pretty, easy to spell and not common. Husband liked its origins.

Thank you!!

P.S. I am also posting on the boy name forum

Congratulations!! What beautiful names your other children have!! Of your two lists, I have to say that Harper, Ashton, & Claire would be my favorites for a girl.

If you're trying to avoid similar endings as Hayden & Kaia, have you considered the following....?

Girls:

Piper - I adore this with your sibset!
    Landri
    Paisley
    Tenley
    Finley
    Atalie
    Elsie
    Gracie
    Ottilie
    Ellery
    Paley
    Ainsley
    Brinley
    Ruby
    Olive
    Willow
    Tatum
    Liesl

I also really want to suggest Elsa, which I think would pair beautifully with your sibset. I know it has a common ending with Kaia, but I still think they sound so pretty together, both with the same number of letters & syllables, & it would work I think for the two girls to end the same way... Just an idea though.

Best wishes!!

Hi - congratulations on baby number three!

From your current lists I like:

Husbands:

Amber, Fiona, Claire and Jade

Your list:

Asher (LOVE), Harper and Milla are my favourite.

It seems like your husbands taste is a bit more traditional than yours, so how about a more traditional name with a nickname that fits with your names?

Camilla - nn Milla/Mila/Millie
    Maliya - nn Mahli (also like the sound of full name Maliya Kaye)

Some other random suggestions:

Amaya (nn Mia/Maya), Bede, Remy, Hartley, Leah (maybe too similar sounding to Kaia), Lucas, Alani (nn Ali could work, and this fits in with your husband's choice of Alison), Ruby.

Good luck!

1st_on_the_way - I love Piper, Ainsley and Willow. I'm worried about how they go with our surname though. As it sounds a lot like wind I think Piper Wind and Ainsley Wind are too descriptive and / or leave it open to teasing. Willow is lovely but Willow Wind is too 'rhymey' and makes me think of wind in the Willow. I do love those names though.

Annab13 - is Maliya pronounced Mar-lee-ah? Hartley is pretty, don't know if I could convince hubby though. He definitely has more traditional taste than me.

Traditional with not so traditional nn or variations: (p.s. You also change the spelling to make it look less traditional, but still have him sold on the name)
    Camilla- Kamilla or Cameela (kuh-meal-uh) nn Cammie, Meela, or Milla/Millie
    Michelle- Michellina (mish-uh-leena)
    Claire- Clare, Clarissa
    Simone- Simon (a boy)

Other suggestions for you:
    Girls:
    Elise
    Elodie
    Phillipa
    Roselle
    Eliana
    Amelie (not Amelia, am-el-ee)
    Moira
    Erica
    Fiona
    Williamina (nn Willow! Prn- Willow-meena)

Boys:
    Seymour
    Caspar/Jasper
    Leo
    Wiley
    Liam
    Eric
    Colin
    Harrison
    Rider
    Hunter
    Hudson
    GL HOPE THIS HELPS
    No babies anytime soon... Just planning ahead (VERY far ahead)