Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honest opinions . It will never going to work ?

Iam start to see the first season of Game of thrones . I know that one of the lead characters is Daenerys . In first look i thought it was weird but th more that i look it the more i like it . Althought it will never be usable to me , i want to put it on my gp list .

So what everyone think of Daenerys ?
    Is it your first thought about character of Games of thrones ?

I think thqt with nn like Dany , Nery etc is it usable . What do you think ?

TIA

" She is a mess of gorgeous chaos & you can see it in her eyes "

A teen trying to create something new for her , dark , mad and totally unpleasant .

Cordelia ~ Ariadne ~ Psyche ~ Ophelia ~ Elektra ~ Persephone ~ Andromeda ~ Policheni .
    Prometheus ~ Lykon ~ Leonidas ~ Maximus ~ Icarus ~ Hades ~ Orpheus.

People are using GOT names in real life, so you wouldn't be alone! I'd steer clear from a name invented for a book so recently myself, but if the books and show mean a lot to you I don't think it's the worst thing. Actually, I really like the name - probably because it reminds me of Danae and Damaris, both of which I'd use first. With people using Khaleesi, I'd say people would accept Daenerys. It could also be a cool middle.

Names like this are what the GP list was MADE for
    Girls:
    Nickname-able: Susanna, Johanna, Paloma, Lucille, Harriet, Beatrix, Rosemary, Juniper, Marigold, Annabeth, Gwendolen, Kathleen, Tabitha
    Short and to-the-point: Flora, Jane, Laura, Anne, Cecile, Susan, Kaia

Boys:
    So much easier: Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy, Frederick

I agree I think it'd make a lovely middle name! I love GOT!
    WTTC 2017
    Miles Dean : Caleb Sawyer
    Brynn Alexandra : Tessa Maeve

I definitely immediately think of Game of Thrones! I definitely prefer Daenerys over Khaleesi, though... I mean... Khaleesi isn't even her name! Haha.
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis debuting October 2nd!
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

I actually just saw some article on this very topic/name. Children were given this name last year (I think it was around a dozen). Children were also given the name Khaleesi. It is directly tied to Game of Thrones, as I believe the author made them up.

I say add it to the GP list and who knows, it may continue to rise in popularity as a baby name and become quite acceptable. After all, the very accessible Fiona is said to have been made up. And many names are created so to speak. Even established names are often associated with characters in books or movies.