Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves is boys names on girls. I can't bring myself to make any boy suggestions. How about these unisex names:

Kelley
    Morgan
    Delaney
    Rowan
    Quinn
    It's also one of mine too, and I dislike girls names on boys as well. I don't mind names such as Jo, Dan and Charlie on girls, but as long as they're nicknames, such as Jo for Josephine or Joanna.
    I'm a Teenberry who is mad about names, royals & history. I'm not expecting, just collecting names.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie

See my lists of: Girls names, Boys names and Combinations!

Crushes: Charlene, Anneliese, Megan, Jean, Augustus and Adair
    GP Crushes: Welcome and Truman

I love Spencer/ Spenser for a girl. And yup, I did know of one personally. It sounds stylish and dashing on a girl, IMO!
    Also, I seriously considered using Zane as a middle name, should I have had a daughter instead of a son. I would spell it Zhane, which is a slavic form of Jane, according to Bruce Lansky.
    Orlando would make a cool girls name as well.
    Or how about a lovely nature name?
    Aspen
    Dakota
    Forrest
    Rowan
    Wren
    I would also consider Addison, Blake, Shelly, etc. These names have a soft sound, even though they are traditionally masculine. "Middle of the road" unisex names work better. I once knew a girl named Frank, nn "Frankie". It was a dreadful name which did not suit her and caused her much pathos.
    Mommy to Travis Nevin Just conceived #2... due 1st week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Kaye Esmeralda ...or... Florence Imogen ...or... Amity Scarlet

Boys names:
    Regis
    Reed
    Logan
    Chris (though everyone will think it's short for Christine)
    George
    Alex
    Toni
    Reeve
    Grant
    Carter
    Wells
    Frankie

Unisex names:
    Morgan
    Regan
    Jamison
    Reese
    Ellery
    Ashton
    Remy
    Evan
    Sydney

I know girls whose names are a bit of a boy-girl mix..... Korianna, Raylene, Ryann. And there is always Mackenzie and Kennedy.

What are your other children's names? Think of the next one in the context of her siblings and whether or not her 'boy' name will make her feel different from her siblings or if she'll not like that (if you have any girls already) her sister(s) gets to have a 'pretty' name and she has a boy's name. She might not mind it later but in childhood a name that sounds mismatched to her gender can be pretty difficult.
    I know I would have been mortified as a little girly girl to have had a name that either boys in my class had, or classmates' brothers had. Now that I'm fully an adult of course I'd be able to deal, but I'd always wonder why my parents didn't want me to have a feminine name.

A friend's mom's name is M!que pronounced like Mike, and they very much did wish for a boy, so that's stuck with me.